Wilson and Breadloaf - 12/18 - Roads still open ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
The other trip never panned out, so I'm trying again.

If anyone want to try to do these 2 peaks, 12/18, let me know.

The plan is to the take the Emily Proctor Trail (South of South Lincoln, VT), up to the Long Trail and then bag the 2 peaks, one South, one North. This is subject to the road being open. Does anyone know what the conditions are up there now ?

Also, if anyone has a recommentation on where to stay nearby, that would be very helpful.

Why so tough?

Hey Arm,

What has made Wilson/Breadloaf such a bear? Deep snow and little traffic? Is this a hike that would benefit from safety in numbers? It sounds like an aborted attempt on Horn/Bulge that I recall from a few years back.

I skied by your Skylight Pond Trailhead via the Catamount Trail last year. It is so nice in there!

Tom, the north end of the Natural Turnpike does eventually close for winter (parking area there, mainly used by sledders), but I would not know just when that happens. My family in the area reports not much snow yet. I would think that in any event the roadwalk to your trailhead would be trivial compared to working your way along the ridge.

Last edited: