WMHT Adirondack Wild

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beverly

Reaction score
I saw this in the newspaper today. WMHT-TV in Albany has a listing for an original program on Sunday March 6th at 7pm, called Adirondack Wild.
Produced by award-winning photojournalist Paul Frederick for WMHT, Adirondack Wild is a visual journey full of music, poetry and the haunting sounds of nature that takes viewers from mist filled sunrises to radiant sunsets.
Over a year in the making, Adirondack Wild explores the remarkable visual splendor of each of the four seasons and celebrates the “forever wild” Adirondack Park.
Culled from over 60 hours of raw footage, the film is narrated through breathtaking visual images and features an original musical score from noted Adirondack musicians Christopher Shaw, John Kirk, and Scott B. Adams. It is a visual journey full of music, poetry and the haunting sounds of nature that takes viewers from mist-filled sunrises to radiant sunsets. Over a year in the making, Adirondack Wild explores the remarkable visual splendor of each of the four seasons and celebrates the “forever wild” Adirondack Park.

“What I hoped to communicate in the film is that there are parts of the Adirondack Park that are so splendid and untainted, you think you are the only human that’s ever stepped foot there,” said Paul Frederick. “In shooting Adirondack Wild, I was inspired by our predecessors - who had the tremendous foresight to set aside this land for protection 100 years ago so that we can enjoy and appreciate it today in its natural state.” At New York’s 1894 Constitutional Convention, the Adirondack Forest Preserve was deemed and protected as "forever wild."

Shot in digital widescreen, Adirondack Wild is a follow-up to the popular Adirondack Visions program. The film walks viewers to the tranquil edge of a babbling brook, climbs with them to majestic vistas of the high peaks, and gives them intimate close ups of the forest floor in full fall color.

Go take a virtual hike.

I am looking forward to this. I own another excellent DVD program by Paul Frederick, Adirondack Visions, which has aired on PBS previously. More info on the new and prior programs is available here.

Adirondack Wild will be shown several times on WMHT:
Sun 03/06/2005 7:00 PM
Thu 03/10/2005 11:00 PM
Fri 03/11/2005 8:00 PM
Tue 03/15/2005 11:00 PM
Fri 03/18/2005 10:35 PM​
WMHT is in a membership pledge campaign so program times may vary a bit from the schedule. The show will probably air on other PBS stations in the future.