"Pound the Presis" - Presi travese to benefit TBTS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey jay - you know I am in and can help with some of the logistics. I suggest that big site again at CMR - site 4?

will we have the shizzmac set up again - I hope so :D :D

and recall - parking is a problem and the rangers get strict about it - 2 or 3 cars? at a site - so while the site can hols 100 people - we need to think way to limit cars -

hopefully it won't rain cuz I want sat night the be a boozing night :D :eek: :D :eek:

Well, since we have to spot cars, I'm thinking we could probably spot cars after unpacking friday night at the Crawford Notch Highlands Center's big lot. therefore, we save space at CMR and also cache cars there. Then we can also cache some cars at the Cog Railway or the other bailout points....

Jay

I am definately still in regardless of the conditions or the day or whatever but, I just thought that I should point out the fact that the rain date, June 18th, is Father's Day. People may want to take that into consideration. You may want to get the old man out of his rocker and onto the trail! :D

Lets hope it does not rain because I can't hike on Sunday. I may need chauffer service again from the airport in NH. Some of the folks I work with may come along for the hike. If so I will rent a car. I'll know closer to the hike date.

Gettin' Hitched!

I regret --> Dr. Wu cannot make it that day. He will be in Massachusetts... gittin' married :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

-Dr. Wu

Jay H said:
What, not getting married on top of Washington?

Jay :p
Nah, not with this sort of crowd! :p

I won't ferget my charitable donation though! ;) I may have to make a few because I think I'm stealin' a few of yer hikers that day!! :D

-Dr. Wu

Jay,
I'm thinking I'd love to get over to do the Whites sometime this summer, so maybe rather than fighting black flies in ADKs I could get over there before they arrive?? If not, I'm thinking that I might do a local hike in lieu of traveling (donate the gas $$ myself, huh?) and getting sponsors for the hike.

What kind of duty is a Presi hike like you have planned is miles and hours?

What, not getting married on top of Washington?
Nah, not with this sort of crowd! :p -- Dr. Wu
WHAT?? I got my invitation... I thought everyone was invited!?!? Here come the red squares!! ;)

invitation.. I did not see any post in Trips and Events Dr Wu??? What gives?

Bubba, there are others who have more specifics of the length, altitude gained.lost etc. I'm sure Aaron (askus3) has some detailed spreadsheet somewhere :) Me, I just hike things...

The Devil's Path traverse in the catskills is much harder in terms of elevation and distance, but the weather is not really a factor as it would be for the presi traverse. And rock hopping for hours on ends gets tiresome. :)

Jay

dr_wu002 said:
I regret --> Dr. Wu cannot make it that day. He will be in Massachusetts... gittin' married :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

-Dr. Wu

sapblatt said:
Cannot go - have a wedding to go to!

Congratulations to the both of you. Did you meet on the trail?

Jay,

I can't do it this year, that will be the weekend of the Clearwater Festival, I've been volunteering there for something like 11 years, it has seniority.

Jay H said:
Bubba, there are others who have more specifics of the length, altitude gained/lost etc. -Jay

I just figured that if it was a 20-mile trip I'd plan a 20-miler as well. No way I'd get the elevation around here or the cottage!!

Luckily, I think I can find twenty people around the lake to party with when it's over, so I'll have that covered, huh? :D

I'm sure someone will provide the details...

I am interested in this also. Please keep me posted!

June 17th - Mt Washington Road Race

I'm not sure it matters too much, but don't be too shocked when crossing Mt Washington if you see a bunch of scantily clad runners and herds of enthusiastic spectators.
The 8 mile race is run up the auto road each year and draws world class runners to a venue that is typically closed to pedestrian traffic. Start time is 10am. A couple of years ago it was the Mountain Running Championships.

I wish you all the best!
Inge

I'm in for the 17th as I am a father so i'll be going home early on the 18th or Saturday Night.

Most likley staying at Hiker's Paradise the night before, will work with group for car spotting.

Just got hit up for a MDA Jail-a-thon donation & hinted to my sister-in-law, what goes around comes around.

Looking at starting around dawn, by 5:00 for any early birds. interested in a ride from Gorham to Appalachia.

BTW, IMO NH black flies don't compare with those from the ADK's so don't worry about it if you're used to ADK bugs. You won't notice them in NH.

Are you saying the washington run is on the 17th this year? I did the traverse last year as training for Mt Rainier and it was also mid june (solstice thing!) and ran into the runners on Washington... Actually I think it's cool because as you approach the summit, if you time it right, you can hear tons of cheering. (I did). Started to wonder if it was all for me, but I think I got there in time to catch the last runners finishing, this was I think around 12:30pm. I had no idea it was the run day so it was weird hearing all this cheering. As a cyclist, I know the bike up Washington is not til August.

Jay