"Pound the Presis" - Presi travese to benefit TBTS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be staying at AMC's Pinkham Notch Joe Dodge Lodge....I've got a truck that seats four (five if you don't mind a tight fit) and plenty of room for gear...can pick up folks enroute....I'll be heading through Gorham to Appalachia....
...Jade

What a bummer :( . My son is graduating on Friday, June 16th in Virginia Beach. Therefore I must miss the "Pound the Presis" this year, maybe next year as long as it is not in the middle of June as I will have another graduation to attend. I must keep my priorities straight, family is first.

WHO NEEDS ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

If it's raining & cold, the chilli is better anyway... but I need ICE CREAM!!! I've been starving myself since January - except a Valentine's Day Dinner - & hitting the gym more than ever for this day. Since it's almost all downhill from Washington, the diet is over on the 17th?

Goals for this year:

Presidential Traverse & get into a pair of 14 year old jeans I wore for about six months in 1992. Down 11 pounds this year & still need 20 more, before I even thy those on.

In Gorham!

jade said:
I'll be staying at AMC's Pinkham Notch Joe Dodge Lodge....I've got a truck that seats four (five if you don't mind a tight fit) and plenty of room for gear...can pick up folks enroute....I'll be heading through Gorham to Appalachia....
...Jade

As you know, my car holds very little! If I make it, and I plan to, I will be staying in Gorham, and could use a ride! After the hike, I could probably use a chiropractor!

Fred

Well in advance but.....I am strongly considering staying at Dolly Copp and taking the Daniel Webster Scout trail for a different experience.

Also plan on leaving VERY early in the am 1) because I am slow and 2) to enjoy some night time hiking.

Will need a ride back post hike.....

Willing to share site and cost and car spot....

tuco - I wa also thinking of doing a diff way up madison - I don't really like valley way too much - its nice to come down - but going up is a snooze.
was also thinking of:

howker ridge
watson path
scout path sounds fine too!

anyone else interested in something other than VW?

I am staying with group tho at CMR - I like the group setting and bullcrap sessions before and after hikes! :D :D

I would be interested in an alternate route also - perhaps the scout trail. Howker ridge is nice but has lots of ups and downs. Pine link is a nice approach also but eventually ends up on howker ridge...

Giggy, Jasonst- I'm really open to the other trails as well. I thought Scout since I was going to stay at Copp, but, perhaps I'll do CMR to enjoy the non-hiking activity. It was dependent on when I could get up to the Whites.

My original thought was Watson Path- could be talked into that. Scout also sounds good. Ups and downs of Howker made me wince but....I'd like to make this as much as an experience as possible so I am flexible.

I was thinking more along the lines of traversing over madsion - to cut down on backtracking - but your point is good about getting wiped early.

will I finally get the chance to hike with the famous double bow????????

My thought also was to traverse over and not double back from the hut. The early start comes in for me there- if I kind of take my time early I was hoping not to kill myself before hitting the ridge.

Heck, in 4 months I could change my mind 120 more times............

iceNsnow said:
I'm not sure it matters too much, but don't be too shocked when crossing Mt Washington if you see a bunch of scantily clad runners and herds of enthusiastic spectators.
The 8 mile race is run up the auto road each year and draws world class runners to a venue that is typically closed to pedestrian traffic. Start time is 10am. A couple of years ago it was the Mountain Running Championships.

I wish you all the best!
Inge

I'm entering the lottery for this race, so if I don't get in, I'll do the Pressie traverse instead. :p

Artex, if you do get in, try to time it to finish around 12:15. I know I got to washington around that time after starting at Valley Way and doing the nothern pressies. :) We can then cheer you on. You should definitely post your number so we can look for you, in any case.

Jay

That'd be fun and I'd be most appreciative, JayH! Lottery is open between March 1st-15th, so I expect to know sometime shortly after the latter date. :D

I've made my reservations for Friday, Saturday and Sunday--a private room at Joe Dodge Lodge...no steeenkink snorers or bumpy ground to keep me awake before the big day!!
:D
...Jade