'04-'05: Best Winter Ever For The Lunatic Fringe?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardog1

Reaction score
If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
Call me crazy, but hasn't this been the best winter ever for full moon hiking, skiing and 'shoeing? Just returned from yet another excellent moonlit sojourn -- new snow, dead calm, clear skies. I swear it has happened virtually all of the full moons this winter.

Lessee, what are the chances for April 24???? :cool:

That is my plan for tomorrow night. I am going to go for a moonlit walk along an exposed ridge in Southern NH.

BTW: My avatar can take your avatar.

meteor shower

A few days before April's full moon, the Lyrid Meteor shower will add a magical touch to a moonlit hike. Jupiter is at its' brightest, Saturn is nice in Gemini, Mars is brightening (rising around 2 a.m.).

I'm thinking of Crawford Path :)

forestnome said:
A few days before April's full moon, the Lyrid Meteor shower will add a magical touch to a moonlit hike. Jupiter is at its' brightest, Saturn is nice in Gemini, Mars is brightening (rising around 2 a.m.).

I'm thinking of Crawford Path :)

The Full Moon will make it much harder to see meteors but good luck all the same! Sounds like a nice hike!

Just spent my full moon evenings kayak camping on the beach in the Exumas(Bahamas). White sand and full moon-no headlamps needed.