2011 Spring Snowmelt Streams Running Thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
I thought I'd do something a little different-have a river/streams thread for the spring/early summer season, to give people updates, or just to post pretty pictures of rivers. Here is what I have...

4/28/11 Ct River, WHite River Junc/West Lebanon slightly above flood stage (since gone below)
picture%20008-L.jpg

Below I-89 West Leb
picture%20042-L.jpg

Bicknell Brook Enfield NH 5/1/11 It was really flowing quite high. Snow just melted here a week ago.
picture%20038-L.jpg

picture%20067-L.jpg

picture%20085-L.jpg

picture%20074-L.jpg

picture%20114-L.jpg

Please post others!

No rivers or streams (those are obviously flooding too) but here is the end result of them for most of the Green Mountains and the Eastern Adirondacks...

Lake Champlain at record high for the last several days, still rising, we really need a some dry weather :-( ...

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-flooding?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

One of my favorite running routes includes a half mile causeway near my house that is no longer "runnable", here are some photos I took last Saturday, the lake has risen a few more inches since then:

Since this is a forum about peaks, here is a peak shot:

For more on flooding of Lake Champlain you can google wptz or wcax.

Here is more on the causeway flooding from local motion, a local group in BTV advocating motor less travel:
http://www.localmotion.org/news/walknroll/1328-record-lake-flooding-trashes-trail

At least I do not think people are getting injured or killed by this like the tornadoes of the south, but tons of severe property damage.

Quite a bad situation unfolding up on the lake. I read somewhere that its the slowest moving catastrophe he's ever seen.

A couple more pictures, of the Mascoma River in Leb. Its not as high as last week, but still a decent flow.

picture%20055-L.jpg

picture%20058-L.jpg

Last edited:
Pemigiwasset River Bristol NH

We took the Old Bristol Road instead of Route 104 to get from Exit 23 Rt 93 to Bristol. We discovered this bridge over an un-impounded section of the Pemigiwassett River which features some nice rapids and well forested banks making for really fine views. Here is view looking downstream.

IMG2340-L.jpg

View looking upstream.

IMG2337-L.jpg