A Bear in trouble in Woodstock N.Y. but is ok now

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is That Jerry Springer...

in the second picture holding that syringe? :D I thought he was Dancing with the Stars.

Just kidding.

Looks like a young bear just got a second chance to get older- but not if he hangs around town come hunting season.

kmorgan said:
The poor little guy. Glad it worked out Ok for him. I hate to see animals in distress.
DITTO! He looks so cute sound asleep.

Awesome! Happy ending. Score one for the good guys! :)

BTW, Please remember that plastic six-pack rings are traps for many critters. Also, the funnel-shaped yogart container (TCBY brand?) traps small animals in the exact same way as the Woodstock bear.

Happy Trails :)

forestnome said:
BTW, Please remember that plastic six-pack rings are traps for many critters. Also, the funnel-shaped yogart container (TCBY brand?) traps small animals in the exact same way as the Woodstock bear.

Indeed. If they can be recycled, that keeps them out of the landfill. Otherwise, good idea to cut them up before throwing them out.

Ralph, those are great pics. Glad everything turned out okay. Between these and your backyard pics, you could start up a Catskill bear photo album.

When I was little, we had one of those milk containers on our front porch for umbrellas and stuff. It's actually pretty remarkable that neither I nor my sister ever got our heads stuck in there.

Matt

Hermit actually emailed this picture to me before. I think he might of thought it was a bear canister and thought he' try his skills out on it. :)

Glad to hear that he is OK! :D

MikeM: :D

Jay

I have been seeing many Bears this year.Sometimes on a hike I will see one,but the opportunity window for a picture is in seconds and I don't have time to snap one.They seem to like wild cherry trees,the beech nuts are empty on some mtns.,and the acorns have that white grub inside in some areas.

The pictures do remind me of Winnie the Pooh. Knowing that the bear was okay, I had to giggle at the pictures.

The McFlurry containers from McDonalds were causing quite a problem for sugar loving hedgehogs. After intense lobbying by the British Hedgehog Preservation Society, McDonalds finally changed the design give the hedgies a break.

hedgehog.jpg