A few Q's about Vermont

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MEB said:
Just as long as there aren't any "scary" bridges I think I'll be ok.....
No scary bridges, but if try Lincoln Gap Road and you start sliding off to the north side of the road east of the gap, it will be a recovery not a rescue effort. Battell Trail is a much better idea. From UFC's, Rte 103 to Rte 7 to the west side of the gap.

So am I figuring right that it takes about 2 hours to the Battell trailhead from UFC's place?

chinooktrail said:
Ok MEB, YOU are driving, I promise not to run out of gas, so Moose shouldn't be a problem!!! :)
i'm driving..

My gut would guess about that, and in fact are the surprisingly *equal* details from Google Earth. Take these time estimates loosely, as Google tends to not be accurate in VT where something labeled as a secondary road could actually have a speed limit anywhere from 30mph to 55mph.

103 -> 7 -> ... -> Trailhead = 74 miles (1:50)
100 -> 125 through Middlebury Gap -> ... -> Trailhead = 74 miles (1:52)
If Lincoln Gap Road were open, it'd be 73 miles (1:53), though of course you'd actually stop at the height of the Gap after 68 miles.

In other words, the longer way ain't much longer.

I'm interested in Abraham and Ellen as well as other NE 100 highest in Vermont, looks like I'll be headed up Thursday night with Coldfeet.