Amazing pics of Angel's Landing, Zion

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beautiful set of photos. Thanks for posting.

And don't let it scare you off. I'm not a big fan of heights, but have done this hike twice. Even if you decide not to do the final bit, it's still a worthwhile hike to Scout's Landing. What I would recommend is doing this hike early in the morning to beat the crowds. It is easier to do the final bit with fewer people around.

Great resource, Gram - thanks for posting this. Excellent info on lots of other Zion trails at the site!

The fisheye lens shots make it even more vertigo inducing :eek:

Those are some really great pics, perhaps the best I've seen....

I'm heading back to Zion in July with some family for the first time, can't wait! It'll be interesting to see who does Angel's and who doesn't.

Thanks for posting!

pudgy_groundhog said:
And don't let it scare you off. I'm not a big fan of heights, but have done this hike twice. Even if you decide not to do the final bit, it's still a worthwhile hike to Scout's Landing.

I'll offer up another opinion on this. I've made it up to the initial landing twice (I didnt know it was called Scouts Landing), but each time I decided not to go on. It's way too exposed for my tastess. I agree with PG that the first ~2 miles is a beautiful hike. But people die every year on the 1/2 mile knife edge to Angels Landing. It's definately not for everyone.

bob

Last edited:
The hike up to the viewpoint is IMHO just boring switchbacks. My sister who is a skilled boulderer but doesn't like heights stopped there. I went to the top, but it was a dry day no way would I do it if wet.

Beautiful shots of a spectacular spot! Just did Angel's Landing for the fourth time on 12/26. It's one of my favorite hikes. My strategy is to look where I WANT to go, not where I don't! :D At last visit, the presence of patchy ice added another element of excitement.

If one doesn't like Angel's Landing, he/she won't like Hidden Canyon either...

I'm always amazed--and thankful!--that in our litiginous culture, the NPS keeps trails like this and Half Dome in Yosemite open to the public. :)

Stinkyfeet said:
I'm always amazed--and thankful!--that in our litiginous culture, the NPS keeps trails like this and Half Dome in Yosemite open to the public. :)

Amen to that. I always think it's only matter a time before they close these two trails. Enjoy them while you can!

Nah-ah, not for me! I didn't find a single place in Zion that was boring! If you chicken out at Scout Lookout, the West Rim Trail in the other direction is wonderfully rewarding, and goes on and on as far as you wish to go.

If I ever had a notion to do Angel's Landing in the future, those fabulous photos just made up my mind for me.