And baby makes three?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 boys, 4 yrs and 1 yrs. I have 1 on the way, a girl.

Yes hiking has taken a back seat to the kids! Even though it's a some what cheap thing to do it still costs money that I do not have. My wife also said that if I go out hiking for a 3 days one more time until the kids get older she's going to kill me. Not a threat a promise!

Any ideas on how to get her to ease up? I was thinking bringing the hole family car camping and I could get away for 4 or 6 hours to do a little day hiking.

Sounds like you screwed yourself out of hiking (both literally and figuratively :eek: ) I wish I had the answer but I am in a similar situation. However, my wife is great and encourages me to get out. Good luck - you may just have to suck it up for a couple of years until the kids get older...

BrentD22 said:
Any ideas on how to get her to ease up?

I bet she would let you go if you took both kids with you. Or find a grandparent to watch the youngest one and take the older boy out for some overnights. A school backpack will hold as much as he can carry. All you need then is another sleeping bag...

If your kid likes hiking and being outdoors you've got it made. My family and my parents college friends family camped and hiked together every summer for 13 years after I was born. Their kids are the same age as me but they grew out of liking it and I grew into liking it more and more so those adventures came to an end.

Now its at the point where my parents just aren't in the same shape and I'm doing harder and harder stuff with my friends so they no longer come. It was a big deal for them letting their 17 year old sun drive 6 hours to Lake Placid but it's worked well. Good luck with the new baby!

peace
Oysterhead