Atlas 12 Series

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alistair

Reaction score
I need to replace my old trusty MSR snowshoes before next winter and I figure now is the time to do it. Has anyone had experience with the Atlas 12 Series?

I love them. I have the 1230 (or 1233s, I can never remember which they are called).

I just sent them back to Atlas after 3 very hard season for some minor refurbishing .

I can't say enough good things about them.

If you search the site, you'll find many good discussions about them and other snowshoes. There is even a poll of VFTTers showing preferences for brands.

good luck!

spencer

I have the same shoes - had them for 6 years now and they are still going strong.

i can only say good things about the 12's. i have the 1225's. the bindings are the best feature, they can climb bare rock if need be, and they are quiet. get 'em.

Are they worth buying over the 10 Series?

I chose the 12s over the 10s because, at the time, I found the ratchet bindings to be more comfortable and easier to use than the bindings on the 10s. I think the 12s are slightly heavier and maybe a bit beefier. I've been happy with them.