Bean sees theme park on horizon

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad idea. Hordes of customers will be brought into an already developed area of the state - rather than destroy the wilderness in order to provide the outdoorsie experience.

Quote article:
"The overarching goal," the company wrote, "is to expand our relationship with our customers, enhance the customer experience (with Bean) and draw more customers to L.L. Bean's flagship store in Freeport, Maine, for a fuller experience of the brand."

In other words, the overarching goal is to make more money.

I have no problem with that. Actually, I think it's a great idea. The more people that experience the outdoors, the more people will realize that we need to preserve our "special places." Who said capitalism is a bad thing?

trailbiscuit said:
...Who said capitalism is a bad thing?

I have no idea. I've never heard any serious person say capitalism is a bad idea.

It'll create jobs and perhaps entice some of those held captive by a computer screen to get outside, a behavior credibly contributing to the decline in national park attendance and related activities. As for concentrating human activity at highly developed sites, maybe in the short term but, as they said about the GIs coming back from WWII, "Once they've seen Paris ... "