best donuts in the Adirondacks?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best donuts are neither in Adirondacks, nor the Whites, they are in the Greens--the cider doughnuts at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Waterbury Center, Vermont.

There's also a farmstand in South Hero that has first-rate cider doughnuts.

cold hollow does make a damn good cider donut, but you gotta get them when they are fresh and warm, otherwise they kind of suck.

also the free cider samples are great, but dont drink it before you go hiking, it goes right through you.....

The best donuts are neither in Adirondacks, nor the Whites, they are in the Greens--the cider doughnuts at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Waterbury Center, Vermont.

There's also a farmstand in South Hero that has first-rate cider doughnuts.

Money! The fam and I were up there over the weekend. Stopped at Ben and Jerrys first and then to the Cider Mill...the kids liked 'em better than the NEW Chocowlate ice cream! Thats says something! :)

^^^Korrekt.

But should you eat them whilst postholing, Courtney will beat you about the head and neck region with a stale kruller until you cease and desist. :eek:

:D

Haven't you been paying attention? I am FOR postholing. I am proud to say that I went through the entire winter without putting on those annoying tennis rackets.

However I do weld the stale kruller and don't discriminate.

The best donut I've had in the Dacks was a bacon donut. Bacon bits in the dough and a nice thick coating of bacon fat on the outside. Highly recommended for Great Range Traverses in July. (If you camp with these in the High Peaks bring a bear canister.)

Village of Inlet, the pastry shop next to Arrowhead Park in the center of town. Open weekends only. Wonderful home made stuff of all kinds, light and flaky things are the best. Get there early.

leaf said:
Haven't you been paying attention?

Evidently not...

leaf said:
I am FOR postholing.

My bad. :eek:

I remembered that you were passionate about the snowshoe/postholing debate, but was too lazy to look up the thread and confirm on which side of the issue.

Would you take a jelly-filled as a peace offering?

leaf said:
I am proud to say that I went through the entire winter without putting on those annoying tennis rackets.

I'll let you break trail up into Huntington this winter for ice climbing, then... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.