Best hike to celebrate the Red Sox winning the ALCS?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im headed for the summit of Lafayette, its closest to Francona (SP) Notch. At the top I'll cast a smug gaze toward the Bronx, and then blast the DropKick Murphys on my portable CD player until someone tells me to shut it the bleep up. Yea!!!

;)
albee said:
I'm going to do a bushwhack to SW Twin from 13 Falls with 3 dogs, a Boy Scout troop and a mini-keg of Zima. Think they have cell phone reception up there? I'll be sure to post the pictures on the website I'm making to brag about my accomplishments afterwards! :D :D

I'll be nearby on Guyot campsite with a keg of Killians Red (in honor of the Red Sox) and a girl scout troop. Come over if you get tired of Zima and the boy scouts :D

I post my pix on mesooaccomplished.com ;) What's your website?

You should hike these NEHH peaks:
#7 - Mt. JD Lafayette
#10 - Carter Coco Dome
#12 - Mt. EisenHinske
#13 - North TwinCora
#15 - Little Dusty Carrigain
#17 - Middle Manny DelCarter
#18 - West Bond-K
#19 - Mt. Beckettfield
#20 - Mt. LiberYOOOOUUUUK
#23 - Mt. Julio Hancock
#24 - Mansfield being Mansfield
#25 - South Lowellsman
#28 - Meatball Dougie Flume
#31 - North Leskinsterman
#32 - Mt. Bobby Willty
#33 - BondTek (or the Captain)
#34 - Big ZealPapi
#37 - Hideki Crockerjima
#38 - North SchillPyramid
#46 - Mt. Cannonsbury
#48 - Javier's Hump
#49 - Ellen Wakefield
#50 - Mt. Timhale
#58 - Jonathan Owlsbon
#83 - Boundary Peak (with Canada...get it?)

Happy Hiking!
GO SOX!

albee said:
I'm going to do a bushwhack to SW Twin from 13 Falls with 3 dogs, a Boy Scout troop and a mini-keg of Zima. Think they have cell phone reception up there? I'll be sure to post the pictures on the website I'm making to brag about my accomplishments afterwards! :D :D
This has nothing to do with the Red Sox.

-Dr. Wu

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

More suggestions:

1. Hike in sox that are red.
2. Pop a blister on your foot and make it bleed in homage to Schilling in 2004.
3. Dance an Irish jig, Papelbon-style on each summit.
4. If your hike doesn't go so well, just say "whatever happens, happens" and "it's not the end of the world". Bonus points for dreading your hair.
5. Beckett is a god. Construct a rock cairn in his honor and call it a temple.

sapblatt said:
I did not, but I know a guy who did - apparently 30,000 people did - Jordan's had to buy an insurance policy against this - I am sure the rep that sold that policy is drinking rather heavily right now! :eek:
It's a calculated risk that I'm sure the agent was aware of. However, I don't think he'll be doing any of these "Go Red Sox" Hikes this weekend.

-Dr. Wu

sapblatt said:
I did not, but I know a guy who did - apparently 30,000 people did - Jordan's had to buy an insurance policy against this - I am sure the rep that sold that policy is drinking rather heavily right now! :eek:
This is done all the time. Golf is the good example. All of those promotions (kick a 50 yard field goal, win a Million, hole in one contest, hit it here, etc) have policies attached. Even many of the promotions where a company pledges x $ for every strikeout to a charity have them. It's a sound financial way to cap your exposure.

For me, I'd be happy to climb up to the Monster seats :rolleyes: