Best New England Gear Manufacturer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkrew81

Reaction score
So what do you guys think? We have Cold Cold World, Ibex, Wild Things, Limmer.... What is your favorite?

And in Gilford, NH

You Have Jack Stephenson with all the lightweight stuff and nekked catalog models :eek:

Speaking of nekked, yesterday was national nude hikking day. June 21 every year since the birth of the flower generation. How old are they now?

Last edited:
Limmer. I wear Limmer Standards and it's a cool place to visit. I own a Jetboil stove, and I was not really happy with it. Wild Things does not impress me, but I like Chuck Roast and Ragged Mountain.

Steve

I have used regularly, for over 25 years, a pair of Limmers. They have been resoled. But I think this product is the gold standard for NE based gear.

LOVE my Limmers. I have the mid-weigh standards and they are the ONLY boot I can hike in. I have quite a collection of boots I cannot wear with my very bad feet.
Can't say enough about those Limmer boys!
I honestly never believed they would be able to help me but I can't say enough about them now.
Love ya Ken!!!

I loved my Limmers for 20 years, but since they aren't customs they are made in Bavaria so I can't count them.

I'd go with Ragged Mountain, they make a great lineup of quality, inexpensive gear.

-dave-

Another vote here for Limmers!

I also agree with Dave that Ragged Moutain has some good stuff too.

-MEB

Limmers

Got my Limmer Standards in 1980. Still going strong after many re-solings and scree guard repairs. They have been in business since 1919 or so my Limmer t-shirt says. Gotta be Peter Limmer and Sons.....

Me too . . .

Another vote for the Limmer gang.

G.