Boston Beer Night Tuesday 8/21 (Date Change)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Metsky said:
Is that the place we met last time? See you there around 6:00.

-dave-

Not quite - but within a block. Just ask when you get close. They have outdoor seating as well......and big screens for watching the baseball game if anyone wants to do that. We are 5 ahead now ;-)

marchowes said:
Good turnout last night BTW.

I think nobody has posted anything yet because everyone is still asleep or too hung over :)

Yeah - I was wondering what was going on - there are usually some incriminating photographs uploaded by now - must have been a banner evening! :D

marchowes said:

Wasn't there a homeless dude who asked if he could get $1 for each pushup we made outside the last bar (what was the name of it?). After marchowes pushup performance the homeless dude could have had dinner at Morton's steakhouse even if just gave him a penny/pushup :D

Dave - did your videos turn out any good? Mine were very noisy and dark.....

yes, there was a homeless guy looking for money for pushups... I was thinking that he should pay us for the pushups/entertainment, isn't that the way it usually works ?

were the horses parked at that spot originally ?? please say no :eek:

thanks for organizing a great time, Mats !!

abba rocks !

The videos are, um, interesting. The sound quality is awful, you can't figure out what song is playing, but neither could we when we were singing. Sadly, that fact didn't hurt our singing sound quality.

The bar was Sissy K's. The horses were parked (do you park horses?) elsewhere, fear not. Abba for the Swedish contingent, Dexy's Midnight Runners for the resident Irish. If we did Dirty Water for the Sox fans we'd have covered all the bases.

Fun times, toora loora toora loo rye aye,

-dave-

skimom said:
were the horses parked at that spot originally ?? please say no :eek:

QUOTE]

No, the horses were parked a bit downstream...... ;)

Good choice of music Gillian and skimom! Gillian were on stage half the night or so......maybe we should have an ABBA impersonation on next Bearly Live?......I didn't know Dave knew all these Irish/Appalachian songs.

Still had glass fragments on my pants when got home from smashing glasses at the Black Rose....

Lets not forget to tantalize those who didn't go with mentioning the Swedish jokes about Norwegians from a certain anonymous Swedish group member :) hehehe

If you ever spot a puddle near a hitched horse on a dry day, do not step in it.

Mats Roing said:
I didn't know Dave knew all these Irish/Appalachian songs.

Those Dartmouth chaps enjoyed a good rousing sing fest back in the day--and if you hike with Dave in the rain, you'll be treated to more tunes than you could ever want to hear--it's how he deals with getting wet. :rolleyes: :p

Well I sure missed out didn't I! DANG! I keep missing Gatherings, but had done well making it to Beer Nights. Gotta work on that--on both accounts.

Glad ya'll had fun!