Catskill Mountain Locator Map

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! I think I just retired from this game! :D But I still want to list all the peaks with ascent and length of hike from the standard trail heads. Maybe some day! :D

If you could somehow add a legend of what the colors mean that would be helpful. I figured them out...

I think this would be a great link from the C35 web page: http://catskill-3500-club.org

Can I contact the webmaster to ask them to link to you?

Cat 35 link would be an honor

I can easily list the info you wanted. When you mentioned ascent, I assume you mean the summit elevation minus the trailhead elevation. I have also tried to divide the ascent by the hiking distance to get a "factor" which rates steepness of the trail. The ascent and hiking distance can be tricky especially for trailed peaks with many approaches and for the peaks without trails. For example, do you give the information for ONLY Black Dome or do you include the other two? I have tried to break this down on my website and it can be quite challenging and confusing! As I mentioned I have most of the peaks posted WITH my GPS tracks for each route. I will eventually do this for all my hikes. I have been using SnagIt to take a screenshot from my GPS software. I then use the editor to create a Flash "movie" to annotated the map and display pictures on mouseover.

Any suggestions on the map and/or website would be appreciated.

Please contact the Cat 35 webmaster at your convenience.

RHB

Posted some elevation info

Tom,

Try the link again and look at what I have posted for the first seven peaks (by elevation). Is this what you had in mind?

Some of the things I would like to do like a hover or a legend cannot now by done ON the Google Maps site. Most of them can be done through the API or using EZ MAP but then I give up other features. It is a trade off.

RHB

catskillhiker said:
Tom,

Try the link again and look at what I have posted for the first seven peaks (by elevation). Is this what you had in mind?

Some of the things I would like to do like a hover or a legend cannot now by done ON the Google Maps site. Most of them can be done through the API or using EZ MAP but then I give up other features. It is a trade off.

RHB
Yes, that's what I had in mind. Keep it up! :D

Acme Mapper question

I noticed the link at the bottom of your message and clicked on it to find Acme Mapper. I was "playing" around and added the 35 peaks. By the time I was done I only had the 26 last peaks! There seems to be a limitation based on the alphabet! Do you know anything about this? It seems that it is a good idea crippled by this limitation.

Thanks

RHB

catskillhiker said:
I noticed the link at the bottom of your message and clicked on it to find Acme Mapper. I was "playing" around and added the 35 peaks. By the time I was done I only had the 26 last peaks! There seems to be a limitation based on the alphabet! Do you know anything about this? It seems that it is a good idea crippled by this limitation.
Nope. sorry. :(

The C35 web master is going to add your page to our site! :D