Come Hike Moosilauke (my final NH 4K) with me Jan 29th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
I know I spoke with a number of you at the Gathering about hiking Moosilauke on January 29th, when I hope to celebrate my completing the NH 4K list on that grand mountain. . . since I cannot fully remember who I spoke with ;) I thought I'd extend the invite here. I know there are a few of you who need this for your winter list so here is a chance :) :)

If you are interested in joining me, either email me at [email protected] or post here and I will send you details.

Hope to see some of you :)

Happy Hiking . . .

sli74 (Seema)

Hey Sli,

I doubt I can make it over for your grand finish, but send you many hurrahs and good weather vibes. Way to go! It's been fun to read your adventures and how they have grown from small and cautious to huge and magnificent. I've had Moosilauke on my radar as a possible 48th as well. Have fun!

Sean

Is this your final Winter 4-K? I thought you just started!

I've promised myself Moosilauke this winter but am working that weekend. If the weather doesn't cooperate and you change dates I may be able to come along. Good Luck!
-vegematic

I might be able to make it. So far that weekend is open. I've been up it once in fall, Beaver brook I think but not in winter.

Alas, I can't make it that weekend, I'm teaching skiing at a workshop. Have a great time, enjoy the mountain, bring skis!

-dave-

Hi Seema - Was great to meet you and Brian. I'd love to come up and celebrate with you folks, though it seems I'll be forever stuck at 1 peak for the NH48 (moosilauke again.....)
I will check our calendar and can let you know as we get closer, though.
Is this your winter finish?

This isn't the 48th for the winter list but for the non-winter list . . .

I have done 25 of the 48 in winter and don't expect to finish that list until next winter.

I will post the details as the date gets closer but as of right now I am thinking of hiking the Glencliff Trail at Metsky's suggestion . . . no skis this time, sorry . . . but I am sure this won't be the last time I summit Moosilauke in winter so a skiing summit will be in the works for the future.

Thanks Doc McPeak, it does seem like just yesterday I was the overly cautious ever afraid newbie, but many a solo trip pre-VFTT hiking partners cured me of some of that though I still have a decent level of fear left in me ;) . . . maybe someday I can be half as fearless as my hero, Stinkyfeet ;)

Hope it is a beautiful day on the 29th, someone put in a request for good weather.

sli74

Hi Seema,

It was nice meeting you on Saturday at the Carter Hike and I'd like to join you on Moosilauke but alas I cannot. Hopefully Dalraida (TW) can make it though and get some pictures for me. He's also a much better conversationalist then I am.

Congratulations on your NH 48! If my plans change, I'll make the hike!

Regards,

Dr. Wu

Company

Please count me in. I live only about fifteen minutes away from the Ravine Lodge Trailhead. If anyone is game, you are all welcome to come to my cabin for either cold beer or hot soup before you all head off home.

TomW

Seema, I'll join you if I can borrow a car, again!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, let us updated! :D :D

I got it off of work Seema!!!! I actually talked to two of my friends, and one girl is coming and we're still waiting to find out if the other one can come! :) I don't think either of them have done a winter hike, but...neither had I until this year. We're planning on going snowboarding/skiing on Sunday, Jan. 30 if anyone wants to join us!

-Carm

I'll be there! I'd be up for coming up the night before if there's a group stay somewhere.