Does Julia Roberts prefer a tarp-tent or lean-to?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tramper Al

There's a bit of a stir over on White Blaze, as Butch and Sundance are rumored to be gearing up to play Bryson and Katz for a Walk in the Woods.

Will they ford the Kennebec together just as they jumped off the cliff into the gorge?
Will the Bolivian Army be waiting for them when they exit the trail at Katahdin Iron Works?
"Think you used enough white gas there, Butch?"

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting. I like old blue-eyes (some say my dad's a dead ringer for him), but i'm thinking maybe somebody else would be better, for both parts.

Let's see a smart ass for Bryson and a slob for Katz, sort of an odd couple routine. How about:

An unshaven Kevin James (King of Queens) for Katz (Chris Farley would'a been better)

and ...

Jerry Seinfeld for Bryson!

oh what the heck go ahead and throw George Constanza in the role of Katz, or would Kramer be better?

cameo by Jerry Stiller as a trail crazy...

LOL!!! :D :D :D

I really really hope this movie never happens. But if it does, it will at least provide some variety... usually when I tell people I'm hiking the AT, they say "hey, have you read that Bryson book?" Now they'll be asking me if I've seen the movie.

- Ivy

A Walk in the Holly Woods

Most of the best Katz's are dead...Belushi, Farley, Kinison...
How about Dave Attel? He could be perfect (has a show on Comedy Central)...
For Bryson...I agree Seinfeld is a good choice.

Of course we could do what Holywood is doing to the Rodney Dangerfield movie "Back to School" and have Chris Rock as Bryson and Cedric the Entertainer as Katz.

Here's my thought - I think Sargeant Rock pegged John Goodman (Dan Connor from Roseanne) as Katz on the earlier WB thread a few months ago -= I like that choice.

For Bryson, my first thought is an aged Hugh Grant - He has the Britsh accent and is a bit "woose-like".

For the annoying fat chick who followed them for a while and criticized everything they did, I would cast Rosey O'donnell. (or leave her out altogether)

My first reaction was "Holy crap, don't do that; the trail would never be the same!" But then I calmed down a little.

But aren't they both a bit old for those roles?

Also, I wonder if they'd find room for some of the really interesting writing Bryson did on, say, Chestnut trees, or Cherokee? It was anti-slapstick, but was more captivating to me than some of the other fatuous bullshit that made it past editing.

Oh, and Roseanne Barr for 'annoying fat chick.'