durability of Tyvek for emergency ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the only basic four stuff for me would be to stay dry & dry. #1 A bivy or 55 gallom garbage bags, ???? I carry everything else now.

Since Chip won't share :p what do you think you'd put in an emergency overnight survival kit if limited to four items?

I'd like to stay warm, dry and hydrated.

Well, you'd first need to assume you weren't injured, but with one of those coghlan pouches you could carry the contents and then use it to carry/purify water. Then I'd bring water tablets, a fire starting kit, a large poncho or heavy duty garbage bag and a decent length of twine or cord. That way you could carry and purify water, make a fire and use the poncho or bag as a tarp or rain gear. It's not the "10 essentials" but you may carry some of them separately already regardless. I would add an amount of the heavy aluminum foil that could be used to boil water in, but then I'd add all the items already mentioned above.

I think the only basic four stuff for me would be to stay dry & dry. #1 A bivy or 55 gallom garbage bags, ???? I carry everything else now.

I think I'd add a candle and metal cup. A little light and warm beverage can make the night much more comfortable. So I should add bouillon cubes as well. The're small and light. That's four now.