five mile mnt tounge range summit

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I was doing this trail today and got to a rock outcropping with a red peace sign painted on it. based on the time and elevation I assumed it was five mile summit (there were no signs). I had an unobstructed view of black mtn. On the way down I saw a rocky knob that looked like it had a good view on the left just minutes away. There seemed to be a faint trail going up so I said why not try it out. Once up there you could tell not many people come up here becouse the rocks were not bare, they had litchen all over them. I found a nice view looking south and west so I stayed awhile. When I was leaving I saw the surveyors marker marking the actual summit of five mile mountain? I dont think many people know about this becouse as I said the trail was very faint. And as usual there were no markers. Thats one thing I like about the catskills, the trails are always so well marked.
on another subject, what is the rule about hunters and pickup trucks? If you hunt do you have to buy a pickup truck, or if you own a pickup truck do you have to hunt? I saw at least 100 auto's along the road today and only 4 were cars, the rest were pickup trucks.

Yes, for some reason the trail skirts the true summit of Five Mile mountain. There is a nice view of SW bay from there.