Free Outdoor Navigatin App for Blackberrys

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this.
When looking at GPS's I was thinking how nice it would be to use my GPS enabled blackberry instead

Thanks for posting this.
When looking at GPS's I was thinking how nice it would be to use my GPS enabled blackberry instead
GPS enabled phones often have short battery lifetimes and many require cellphone signals to download maps as they are needed. I don't know the details of this one, but you should check these details out before counting on using it in the woods.

Doug

Doug,
I never count on consumer grade technology to be there if/when I need it. Just like no one should ever count on thier cell phone to call for a $25,000 rescue if they need it.

I am also aware of the battery issue, but I can get plenty of spares if I need them. Its mostly just for fun and distance measuring. Currently the wife goes out and drives her jogging routes for distance, now she can just take her phone.

Doug,
I never count on consumer grade technology to be there if/when I need it. Just like no one should ever count on thier cell phone to call for a $25,000 rescue if they need it.

I am also aware of the battery issue, but I can get plenty of spares if I need them. Its mostly just for fun and distance measuring. Currently the wife goes out and drives her jogging routes for distance, now she can just take her phone.
The cell phone GPS is probably quite adequate for in-town use, just not in the boonies.

Doug