Hartford, CT tonight 1-7-13 Chasing Ice

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Very late posting, but for folks in Connecticut, Real Art Ways is showing Chasing Ice tonight at 7pm. Then after the movie, in conjunction with the AMC, there will be a discussion of the movie lead by yours truly.

Whether or not you can attend, do watch the trailer above!

All the best,

Brian

This is a gorgeous film and I highly recommend it. The footage is absolutely breathtaking. The content is pretty intense too; I admire the dedication of the artist to focus on such a tangible/meaningful/thought-provoking/frightening subject. He and his team are doing outstanding work.

But I'd go see it again even just based on beauty alone. Wish I could be in Hartford tonight, B!

Going to see it tonight to, at the exact same time, but in Pittsfield, MA. If I hear an eerie sync. SE of me, I'll let you know :D

Jay

Very late posting, but for folks in Connecticut, Real Art Ways is showing Chasing Ice tonight at 7pm. Then after the movie, in conjunction with the AMC, there will be a discussion of the movie lead by yours truly.

Brian:

Will you also be there for the 5 pm showing? I'm thinking about going to that, but would want to be there for the discussion.

Enjoyed the perseverance of Mr Balog having endured one season of hardware failure and getting some stunning shots. Too bad it wasn't in 70mm IMAX but I do realize that the message is more important than the media. Really fantastic montages and some crazy knee issues to boot. It is a nice mixture of adventure and message to appear to gear junkies like me but also to folks interested in the cause of global warming and all that stuff.

Jay

Brian:

Will you also be there for the 5 pm showing? I'm thinking about going to that, but would want to be there for the discussion.

Hi, er, Driver8,

We went out to dinner at First & Last and then attended the 7pm showing. Excellent turnout! Lots of folks stayed for the discussion, which I think went very well. The turnout has been so high that they have extended the number of showings!

Brian

Chasing Ice was magnificent. As Jay said above, they did a nice job of balancing the adventure side of the movie, with all the logistics of getting the cameras mounted and functioning, with the environmental message of the film. Visually beautiful! If you haven't seen it and have the opportunity, please do yourself the favor and go!

Brian

Hi, er, Driver8,

We went out to dinner at First & Last and then attended the 7pm showing. Excellent turnout! Lots of folks stayed for the discussion, which I think went very well. The turnout has been so high that they have extended the number of showings!

Brian

I went to the 5 pm showing - about 20 people in the audience. Extraordinary film about a visionary project and the determined man who leads it. Visually beautiful and very disturbing. The unhappy vision of An Inconvenient Truth is being realized, as Balog and his team are documenting. I went to the gym after with the thought of going back to RAW to take part in the 7 pm discussion, but I got into the workout and stayed.