High-wire bear gymnast!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HikerBob

Thought some folks might get a kick out of these pics[working link in later post] I thought they were real hoot :)

Something to consider the next time you hang your food bag... :D

The posters profile says he lives in Nevada but I don't know where the pics were taken.

Bob

Last edited:
Hmmm - the thread must have been deleted or changed. I have to get the pcis, they are classic!

Don't touch that dial!

Bob

OK - I've 'borrowed' the pics and put them on my web site for the time being. I have emailed the owner asking for permission to do so and will respect his decision to pull them if asked to. They are just too good not to share :)

The originals were named 'Long Lake Bear' but I have no idea where Long Lake is. I asked for more details.

I made them a little smaller, you can find them HERE

Enjoy!

Bob

Heard back from the pictures owner. He says they were taken in Long Lake, a suburb of Sudbury, Ontario.

Quite the gymnast and looks to be having a fun time - I swear he is smiling in every picture :)

Bob

The visitor's center at the ADK Loj has pictures of bears climbing out onto the cables over Marcy Dam to get to food bags hung there. Determined, hungry bears can be very acrobatic when it comes to getting to bear bags. I’m sure this is one of the factors behind the new bear canister requirement.