HikerAmiga

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have plans to take the WFA course... I now definitely have a desire to 'give back'!!! :eek:

The following images are compliments of my friend Wendy who reserved our Baxter State Park group site for our annual camping/hiking event. These are pics of me looking quite 'high' on adrenalin (I guess) towards the end of my carryout. The last image is of me on the litter sitting on a picnic table at the trailhead awaiting arrival of the ambulance with New Hampshire in the background:

390854608_uUhpp-M.jpg

390854612_tXcjL-M.jpg

390854620_qyZjc-M.jpg

I hiked with friends 2yrs ago in november and on our way down from whiteface one of them slipped,zippy, and broke her ankle 2 miles left. she walked 1 mile to where the rescue people meet us and put her in the litter the rest of the way....a darn long ways on a broken ankle....downhill!!! :D lake placid rescue, saranac lake rescue, dec and the rangers where all there. They did a great job.

Hello everyone!! :)

Just want to report that it's now been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling sooo much better!! I was very encouraged when my surgeon recently told me that I wouldn't need any additional surgeries and that (in very layman's terms), "considering how badly I had messed up my leg", my "healing thus far was remarkable".

I can't drive myself as I injured my right leg so I am at the mercy of others and this afternoon I was lucky my son and his girlfriend invited me to enjoy an outing with them... I had a nice time and good some good exercise walking around the woods a bit at the Bradley Estate in Canton, Mass near my home. I am very encouraged now and am starting to realize that I am on my way to a full recovery. Hey, maybe now with the bionic leg I'll be a faster hiker!! :D

Some pics are here including a little video of me moving up hill (a bit): http://albums.phanfare.com/hikeramiga/2936103

Don't mind the love birds!! :p

THANKS again for all your PM's, emails, calls, cards and support!!!

Congratulations! Get well soon!

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Not the way anyone would want to learn about Wilderness First Aid, but you probably learned a lot about Wilderness First Aid from your experience. You'll bring a lot of hard earned experience to the WFA class when you get around to taking it. Good luck!

Lookin' good and strong on those crutches! :p Glad to see you're getting out - it looked like a nice day to spend with your son and his gf.

Hang in there - it keeps getting better.

Scott

That's great you're up and about. If you need me to retrofit some stabilicers to crutches, let me know. See you on the trail this winter!

Well, yes, I wondered what to do on icy patches... you guys are funny!!! :D

At this rate, I can see myself doing some snowshoeing this winter at least after New Year's... oh yeah!! :)