Hikers Stranded

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woody48 said:
Here is a link from the Cascade Climbers forum.
From the second page of that thread, posted by Trent:
"Getting into third class terrain and feeling uncomfortable, one of the party took of their pack and hitched it to a sling to downclimb. The pack pulled the person of balance, at which time they let go of the pack. Feeling sketched they elected to stay on a small ledge and call 911."
So a dropped pack on steep terrain...

(There is more info in the post.)

Doug

Woody48 said:
Here is a link from the Cascade Climbers forum. They abuse the unfortunate as much as this board does :(

I think they are a bit worse, but I'm a relative newcomer here. :D
My favorite quote from that thread on CC-

"everybody please remember that it is important to slag these people for poor judgment before we get information as to what really happened. knowing the facts will just confuse us and make it harder to demonstrate how much smarter we are."

TomD said:
"everybody please remember that it is important to slag these people for poor judgment before we get information as to what really happened. knowing the facts will just confuse us and make it harder to demonstrate how much smarter we are."
IMO he was speaking ironically, this was a preemptive attempt to quell the traditional character assassination of those in trouble...

Doug

DougPaul said:
IMO he was speaking ironically, this was a preemptive attempt to quell the traditional character assassination of those in trouble...

Doug

Obviously tongue in cheek, but pretty funny...a much better way to quell the trouble than to have done so harshly.

A post after that one was pretty funny too- something to the effect of "well, we'd better get on this before we actually learn what happened and it spoils it for the rest of us."