Hiking and Bluegrass Music - Any interest?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRat

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been planning on going to the Pemi Valley Bluegrass Festival, Aug 5-7, 2005, to use as a basecamp for a few peakbags. The campground is in Campton, NH with easy access to the Whites / Waterville Valley area.

Any musicians out there? Any listeners? I'm hoping to see if anyone wants to try a VFTT gathering of sorts. Hike around and then head back to base camp for all the amentities of car camping, concession food, and music.

Plus, it can be fun watching all the first-time car campers set up the tents. :rolleyes:

more info at - http://www.pemivalleybluegrass.com/

Great! I've sent an email to the organizers to see if there are any contiguous camp sites we could reserve.

Just post in here, or email me directly if interested so I can guess-timate a headcount.

Possibly

I'm definitely interested but would not yet be able to commit for sure as I don't know what the rest of my summer is going to look like. Would love to be kept in the loop about any group plans being made...

Why isn't there a VFTT bluegrass band? :)

The only sort-of-bluegrass band that I have heard is Bela Fleck, although he only had a couple of albums that are mostly bluegrass, I love his acoustical work, whether it's bluegrass or perhaps fusion, etc. etc.

Jay

I love bluegrass, and I really like Allison Kraus, Gillian Welch, Rhonda Vincent and the Hot Club of Cowtown (from Austin, TX). I went to a fun little festival at Stratton last summer.

I think we'd be interested, but I have to check our summer calendar.

-Liza

p.s. there is a bluegrass group from Connecticut who hike up to Lakes of the Clouds each year and play in the hut.

Cool. This may be do-able.

The festival scene is a lot of fun, assuming you aren't banjophobic. ;)

Frequently the music is better around the campfire than it is on the stage, as there are a lot of very talented musicians who pick bluegrass as a hobby.

The campground is right on the Pemi river, with original covered bridge intact. I'm already fantasizing about nailing a peak, heading back to tasty food off the grill, stretching out on an tube out on the pond and listening to the music bounce off the hills. Then to dry off, pick guitar and party 'til I crash. Repeat.

Daydreaming at work again. Gotta stop that. :eek:

I play Bluegrass banjo and upright bass! I've been picking and field camping at the Pemi for 9 years now. I will be too busy to hike but perhaps we can hike before then and after it's over.

Garry G.
New Hampshire