How About A VFTT Calendar ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quietman said:
Darren, do you mean 300MB or 300GB? A CDrom holds 700mb.

300 MB. Website hosting providers dont just give away hard drive space. 300 MB of space costs $30 / month. Stepping up to 500 MB costs $45 / month. Add on the cost of the forum software annual license and I'm up to nearly $600 a year. Not a ton of money, but that is a flight to the Canadian Rockies....:D

The problem with making the backup is that you have to make the backup on the server and then I can transfer it to my local machine. That means if I am using 225 MB out of 300 MB and the forum database is 100 MB of it, I do not have enough space left to make a 100 MB backup file. I have no problem storing the backup files locally, I just cant create them on the server in the first place.

- darren

darren said:

300 MB. Website hosting providers dont just give away hard drive space. 300 MB of space costs $30 / month. Stepping up to 500 MB costs $45 / month. Add on the cost of the forum software annual license and I'm up to nearly $600 a year. Not a ton of money, but that is a flight to the Canadian Rockies....:D

The problem with making the backup is that you have to make the backup on the server and then I can transfer it to my local machine. That means if I am using 225 MB out of 300 MB and the forum database is 100 MB of it, I do not have enough space left to make a 100 MB backup file. I have no problem storing the backup files locally, I just cant create them on the server in the first place.

- darren

Darren, no offense but, you may be paying too much. Check out iPowerWeb . 1 GB space and 40 GB transfer a month to start (for $10). Additional transfer available. My site (and several other larger ones I know) are on it. It's been pretty trouble free for the 15 months I've been there.

PM me if you have any questions. Why so cheap you ask, VOLUME, it's one of the largest national hosters.

Maybe if you tried a "Girls of VFFT" calander, you may get more sales.

yes to shirts

i'd def buy a shirt but please make sure you get some smalls! most of my "logo" shirts are nightshirts because they often start at mediums or larger & i drown in them. the more sizes, the more cost so i do understand why they keep the selection down, but i'd want one i could actually wear someplace other than to bed:rolleyes:
and for color: i'd like to see something brite: lime green, brite oranges/yellow, vibrant blue or red - something fun & different and that catches your eye :cool:

I'd buy one shirt for sure and maybe two.

Darren, maybe a suggestion by PM, but...

I work in an industry in which I have MANY contacts in the "ad specialty" biz (read: merchandise, silkscreen and embroidery biz) and I could probably develop some very affordable options for your shirt/patch/sticker production interests. I might even be able to get someone to donate the majority of the product cost and work to get real cheap prices. Let me know if you want me to help.

Fred

Rivet said:
Maybe if you tried a "Girls of VFFT" calander, you may get more sales.

Splendid idea! I'd be in for all the promo stuff too.
It's nice of you to pony up all that dough so that we can have a great site to visit. Let us all help in defraying your expenses!

Shirt, calander..

Darren, forgot to ask you at the gathering about more stickers... I can plaster my bike with one for sure.

As far as shirts, I'll echo what Shadowcat says, make sure you get some smalls or at least mediums. There is nothing like going to a cycling event/race and the promotor buys all large and extra larges? How many cyclists doing centuries or racing would take an extra large??? C'mon! I'm tiny, I can swim in a large.

Jay

Reply to Darren and others

Hi, Everyone!

It's Maddi-short for Madeline (NOT MAGGIE). Sorry I have a half crazed relative out there somewhere I'm sure with that name and I am not her. Actually I don't care what you call me a s long as you let me tag along at your gatherings.

Anyone who would like to order the polypro email me direct and I'll start to take orders. I know Darren is going put up info on the website but until then just email me direct and I'll get the specifics from you. [email protected]

I would like to receive orders and payment by Nov 23 in order to have everything processed, packaged and mailed out before the holiday craziness.

THANKS-M

Last edited: