"I thought you'd draw the line at haulin' ice."

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-You're very good. I have really enjoyed climbing with you.

-We'll make it.

-I don't think so. But we shall continue with style.

Ok, CBCBD, what kind of beer were they drinking (in Monument valley)?
Oh c'mon Dr. D... I was not even alive when this came out... let alone of drinking age!!
But I'll throw out the popular (at least today), cheap, sudsy nectar of climbers, skiers, and other titles which can easily be suffixed with "bum"...

PBR?? :D

Oh c'mon Dr. D... I was not even alive when this came out... let alone of drinking age!!
But I'll throw out the popular (at least today), cheap, sudsy nectar of climbers, skiers, and other titles which can easily be suffixed with "bum"...

PBR?? :D

You need to look quick, but I think that the sixpack that George pulls out of Clint's pack is Oly (aka Olympia), once brewed in Tumwater, Washington (the reason that I directed my post to you), but now owned by Pabst and brewed in California, so you are partially correct. But, why would you drink Oly or PBR with all of the great craft brews in the Northwest? :D Here is the story:

http://brewerygems.com/olympia.htm

You forgot the most important part of the Oly story -- it tasted only slightly better than Bud. And yes, I'm still bitter about what they did to the Hamm's brand and the bear. :mad:
Where I grew up, Hamm's was considered a lowbrow brew. I was unfamiliar with the bear mascot so I don't understand. Are you mad because they would not put the statue in the park or because Miller discontinued the bear or is it something else?

You need to look quick, but I think that the sixpack that George pulls out of Clint's pack is Oly (aka Olympia), once brewed in Tumwater, Washington (the reason that I directed my post to you), but now owned by Pabst and brewed in California, so you are partially correct. But, why would you drink Oly or PBR with all of the great craft brews in the Northwest? :D Here is the story:

http://brewerygems.com/olympia.htm

Ok, I tried to remember from memory but then had to take another look. I have had some Oly over here and it is a common substitute for PBR for some of my climbing acquaintances. It is very much like PBR and yes, I do prefer to partake in some of the other local brews - Pyramid, Fat Tire, Full Sail, Redhook... just to name a few.
What a great movie :)

Ok, I tried to remember from memory... :)
That being the preferable place to remember from ! ;)

Paradox said:
Oh and Chip did you get any of that Guinness you so thoughtfully hauled up Rainier?

:eek: DANG ! :confused: WTF ??? :mad:

Trust me. I have a bit of a sixth sense when it comes to locating beer, probably left over from my college days. If there was beer in there, especially Guinness, I would have known it. :D I forget what I drank in Cougar that night, I finished it so quickly.

That being the preferable place to remember from ! ;)
What were we talking about?

:D

Watching the video clip again I noticed something - how do you know Clint is a bada$$? He leads while his second jugs the lead rope :eek::D

Once I saw that movie I HAD to read Trevelyan's book, and found the movie follows it pretty much verbatim. It was a good yarn. All his other books are well worth reading too.

I like when Clint is hanging outside the station window..."Now, you must cut your rope."

I have a copy of a TV special about the Eiger made in the 80s. They tracked down and interviewed one of the Swiss guides who was there for the Hinterstroisser tragedy in 1936. He was old, but still remembered events clearly. This guide was actually the one who attached a knife to the end of a long pole and cut down the body of Toni Kurz. In the TV special, the guide has a great line. Upon returning to the station window in the morning to continue rescue attempts, he's amazed to find Kurz alive, still hanging above the window. The guide says (Swiss accent here) "He must have been very tough...like leather...to have survived the night."

Great stuff.

TCD

Where I grew up, Hamm's was considered a lowbrow brew. I was unfamiliar with the bear mascot so I don't understand. Are you mad because they would not put the statue in the park or because Miller discontinued the bear or is it something else?

A couple of my lowbrow grad school buddies in Boulder were from MinneSOta and brought Hamm's back for us after visiting home. I agree, about the same as Bud, Oly, and Coors, which I was "required" to bring illegally home to New Hampshire from Colorado before it became nationally distributed.

CBCBD, Fat Tire is brewed in Fort Collins, I think. :)

A couple of my lowbrow grad school buddies in Boulder were from MinneSOta and brought Hamm's back for us after visiting home. I agree, about the same as Bud, Oly, and Coors, which I was "required" to bring illegally home to New Hampshire from Colorado before it became nationally distributed.

It's a Minnesota thang -- you wouldn't understand. You guys would probably turn up your noses at lutefisk as well. :rolleyes: