Illegal Ski Trail Cut ...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rik said:
... and I'm not sure much can be done to "fix" them.

If I could I would go through the Couchie thread to see if that question have been asked...

I wish we could just cut the wounded tree, dig out the roots and plant another tree. And ask that no hiker goes that way (which makes the whole thing impossible).

About the GMC, I have a lot of respect for them and I want to help with trailwork there, but I need to do some in NH first. It's so hard to stop hiking for a weekend and volunteer instead, I understand why there's so little who does it.

Last edited:
timmus said:
Can we say that vftt hikers didn't care much because that case was related to skiing ? I think everyone who enjoy the mountains should feel concern about illegal cutting, that's it.

I wouldn't say that vftt hikers didn't care; I'm sure it made people upset. However, the focus of the board is hiking, and the Jay Peak cut isn't directly related to hiking.

My view is that there are lots of things that happen in the world everyday that make me upset, or angry, or sad. I don't see anything posted on vftt about these things because they are not hiking related. However, I don't assume that people don't care just because they don't post it on vftt.

Can we say that vftt hikers didn't care much because that case was related to skiing ? I think everyone who enjoy the mountains should feel concern about illegal cutting, that's it.

I agree Timmus! Action to protect the mountains is action all the same, whether it be concern for hiking or skiing. The biggest fear would be that if someone did it for their own ski trail, perhaps someone would be emboldened enough to transcend it to blazing their own hiking trail, outside of bushwhacking I mean.

Last edited by a moderator: