Jeff Notch Rd No-Go Mem. Day?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Sugarloaf access road after the Ski Gathering!

Stinkyfeet said:
'Course this shouldn't really prevent anyone from hiking Caps Ridge since they can park at the Ammonoosuc Ravine TH, take the Jewell Link to the Boundary Line Trail to Jefferson Notch Road and do the roadwalk. It's not that long and is really a rather pretty walk. AND there won't be any traffic to deal with!

Absolutely. This is one of those hikes where I think the driving may be harder than the hiking. More than half the "fun," sometimes (usually in Maine, in my experience), is getting to the trailhead.

Pure speculation on my part is that the road may be partially open from the Cog Side up to the Parking lot for Caps ridge. The road usually dries out quicker on the south side and is somewhat better built. The reported washout area is on the north side of the Caps lot so the access from route 2 would be the issue.

BTW I would second the Jewell trail loop over gulfside to Jefferson and back down the road to the boundary line trail as a great hike on a nice day.