Livermore camping

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to read all your comments. I would like to know how the north slide compares to Huntington Ravine Trail. I did that one with only one harrowing slip, but was wearing my heavy boots at the time. I now own a pair of approach shoes.
I am thinking of this hike in mid September because I'd like to spend some time enjoying the weather instead of cursing at it!!
I'm not really keen to camp as I've reached a stage of my life where I prefer a shower, a bed and a hot tub.
I was just concerned about being miserable on the hike out. I really take my time, since I blew out my ankle hurrying down the Liberty Springs Trail. I may still try the loop as a day trip, though.
Thanks for all the advice and beta on the trail.
B

bruised said:
Interesting to read all your comments. I would like to know how the north slide compares to Huntington Ravine Trail.
The difficult section of the NS is longer and less exposed than HRT, IIRC. I just use my normal hiking boots on either one.

If you made it up HRT, you can probably do the NS.

As for returning in the dark, just bring a headlamp. If you are off the slide by dark, you shouldn't have much difficulty. Hiking after sunset (or before sunrise) is no biggie--some people even do it on purpose...

Doug