Lunar eclipse next month

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
For all those who like to be out in winter at night, next full moon will be eclipsed. Moon will be in Leo, sandwiched b/w Regulus ( a bright red star ) and Saturn.

lunar eclipse February 20th

Leo will be high in the northest at the time.

happy trails :)

Last edited:
Bump...

The lunar eclipse is starting in a few minutes:
8:43 pm start
10:01 pm start of totality
10: 26 pm center of totality (darkest)
10:51pm end of totality
12:09 am end

Doug

Good luck to observers!

Right now in Thornton there is substantial cloud cover, with a few holes. I may go out periodically to see what there is to see, but have no high hopes.

Very, very nice from Waltham, Mass., where the skies are fine. Winter lunar eclipses are nostalgic for me, ever since experiencing one on the slopes of Mount Jefferson in the early morning hours of January 30, 1972, on a south-north Presi traverse. Wonder if there is anyone on the northern Presi's tonight, albeit probably in the clouds.

Clear skies all around me. Stunning. It's turning red. A nice pair of binoculars is great! :)

In spite of too many neighborhood lights, the skies are clear as a bell, and the show is spectacular here in the Albany Capital District. Hope Edelweiss's pics come out!

Lunar Eclipse photos.

Saturn to the left and below the moon and Regulus in the constellation Leo above the moon in some of the shots. A perfect night for viewing the skies. I shut off my outside lights and took these shots from my driveway. Now I want to get a bigger lens.

JohnL

Not too shabby from America's Hometown

I've never seen it so clear & bright & 3-dimensional!

Totality

totaleclipse.jpg

There'll be better pictures, I'm sure, but it looks like this from Kingston, NH. I'm guessing it does where you are, too?

KDT

It was nice and clear from the Great Hill firetower.