Lunar eclipse next month

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunar E

I got to view this from Queens as I was walkabout looking for caches. I enjoyed the experiences of seeing the eclipse develope as I walked around and also of observing so many people standing on street corners looking up. And, for some reason I noticed many Asian-Americans observing the event.

Anyway- thanks for posting this- I saw the two other heavenly bodies, as well.

Edelweiss said:
Blue moon works! I assume we're looking at a reflection of the moon.
Yes, an internal lens reflection of some kind. If you had centered the moon exactly, it would probably not have been visible.

... anybody else think darren deserves a red square for arousing weather envy in others?

I watched it from time to time and found the best viewpoint (we have lots of trees that obscure the heavens) from a skylight. After a while, however, I got the same "whatever" feeling as giggy ... actually, I wanted my moon back ... so I went outside and performed a moon dance and sure enough, we got the moon back. :eek:

Up until the day of the event, I actually didn't realize that I was going to miss the eclipse due to being this far West. I went out a few nights prior to take some test shots of the moon. This is probably my best from that night. I'd like to try one of these shots with my friends 600mm and 2x tc.

9985-moon-800.jpg

400mm (640mm effective)
f5.6, 1/1000 sec, ISO 800

So yah, it was 80 degrees, but I didn't get to see the eclipse. Oh well, I'll take 80 degrees. :D

Aloha

- darren