Maptech Terrain Navigator Pro 7.0

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other thing about track logs: only the active log will be time stamped. The saved tracks will not have the time points (from My Garmin GPSMap 60 CS). Some of My trips include several hikes, and I would often save the tracks for a later download. Maybe this would be possible with a software update from Garmin at a later date.

KevCon223 said:
One other thing about track logs: only the active log will be time stamped. The saved tracks will not have the time points (from My Garmin GPSMap 60 CS). Some of My trips include several hikes, and I would often save the tracks for a later download. Maybe this would be possible with a software update from Garmin at a later date.
Dropping the timestamps is part of the compression process used when saving a track. The active-track log is 10K points long--you can store quite a bit in it.

My guess is that Garmin is not likely to put timestamps in the saved tracks.

Doug

I posted a question on the Maptech site regarding the time stamp:

When I downloaded my track and markers I see that the time listed is UTC time even thought I have the GPS set to be EST - (UTC -5) Is there a way to have my local time displayed. Also - when I export the track to a file the times are not included.

The response:

Times are currently always displayed in UTC. There is no preference to do otherwise.

The Track import/export format predates the availability of the time from the GPS, therefore it is also not supported.

We'll look into adding these features as we continue to refine and enhance Terrain Navigator Pro.

All I can do for now is set My camera for UTC and place them manually until I can figure why it won't do it automatically. Also too bad that tracks saved in the GPS lose the time stamp. Sometimes I do two hikes in a three day period before getting to My computer.

KevCon223 said:
Also too bad that tracks saved in the GPS lose the time stamp. Sometimes I do two hikes in a three day period before getting to My computer.
10K track points should be more than enough for several days. Download the active track and edit to separate the individual hikes.

Doug