Mountain Bike Wednesday Nights Anyone? North West Boston Area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Who'd be up for Mountain Bike Wednesday Nights -- everyother Wednesday -- starting May 21?

Some places to meet up:
Great Brook Farm, Carlisle, MA
Groton Town Forest, Groton, MA

Open to suggestions for places to ride.

Thinking 6pm for a 1.5 hour ride?? Nothing crazy, just fun rides through the woods. :D

Last edited:
I might be interested. My participation might vary due to work constraints, but I'd like to see this started up.

I'm definitely in on this one. Groton Town Forest is a nice spot. Thanks for posting this una_dogger. Let's get ridin'!! :D

skimom said:
Lots of easy trails to choose from and even some of the tougher ones are wide enough that trees won't really be a problem.
Aww, what.. you don't like to get your handlebar ends caught around a sapling and go headfirst over the bars? Those are the best kinda crashes! :p

Last edited:
Oh wait, crap, I have a Yankees game to go to that night in New York! Let's start with Wednesday the 14th. ;)

I live in Groton, and would love to join in on those rides. I normally road bike, but do have a hybrid that's collecting dust.....
Would be fun to ride with a group!

I can do the 21st .... :)
We can carpool![/QUOTE]

Carpooling works for me...I have to skip the 21st though...my Daughter graduates College on 22nd, so will be crazy busy.

leaf said:
Oh wait, crap, I have a Yankees game to go to that night in New York! Let's start with Wednesday the 14th. ;)

Is this on for tomorrow night, May 14th? or is it going to start on the 21st without the Yankee Fan ?? Which location? We have biked Great Brook Farm a few times and really enjoy it.

Another location that may be central is the Lowell Dracut Tyngsboro State Forest .

OK, we are going to start on Wednesday, May 21!

Yippee!

This should be a ton of fun!

We'll catch up with that Yankee Fan on another weekend. Darlene, congrats on your daughter's wedding! We will catch you on the next ride??

What park works for everyone??

I've mentioned Groton Forest or Great Brook Farm --- but as a relative newcomer to the area, I am open to suggestions! Sounds like most everyone is coming from the north??

So who's in?

So far it looks like Skimom, BobandGeri, KevinMac, maybe Dave Metsky???

una_dogger said:
Hey! Aren't you supposed to be driving over here for the viewing of "Storm on Everest"???

Are you posting while driving *again*??!! :eek:

Yeah, I need to stop doing that eh? :p Thanks for the big screen!! :D

una_dogger said:
OK, we are going to start on Wednesday, May 21!

I've mentioned Groton Forest or Great Brook Farm --- but as a relative newcomer to the area, I am open to suggestions! Sounds like most everyone is coming from the north??

So who's in?

So far it looks like Skimom, BobandGeri, KevinMac, maybe Dave Metsky???

I am in. How about GBF for our first ride:
http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/northeast/gbfm.htm
I am coming from Marlboro Mass
Skimom, I think I can grab another bike for you to use if you can't get one for next week

Last edited:
skimom said:
hey wait, some "boys" are coming along ???

forget it ... I'm out

Huh???? Did we miss something?

If you are going to ride and need a bike we have a spare we could bring, although it might spoil you.

Weather permitting we can do Great Brook Farm next week.