mountaingirl..new to our mnts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider solo

Reaction score
Perhaps you have seen a small athletic young lady tramping through the presidentials and there abouts.
Mountaingirl, though not new to our country is new to the northeast this past year ,where she has taken to our mnts with a passion.
If I have by facts straight she has taken up rock, ice climbing and hiking.
For her first winter she has done Rainier, Kathadin, along with a mix of our White Mountains and cliffs.
I think she has found her way to VFTT by way of the MIT hiking club, and has stories of driving to trail heads knowing only the exit number and no proper equipment..progressing to group hikes and now solo hikes...(stories I think sli74 might well relate.)
I met her for a Northern Prezzies trek this past week and hiked and shared many miles of smiles with her. Thank goodness she had done several mnts the day before or I might have been well put to the test to keep up with her.
Returning a couple days later with fresh hikers they did the Southern Presidentals..choosing to 'double climb' the peaks in order to return to their trail head.
Mountaingirl has written a wonderfull account of the Northern Pressies hike(yes I get honorable mention) which can be found under "Trip Reports"
Her excuberence shows through nicely and is vey refreshing indeed!

Mountaingirl comes to us from Beijing... and more recently from our more southern states.

She can't be THAT new, as she already seems to have a fan club, right?

Welcome Mountaingirl, from Beijing and MIT. I enjoyed your Presidential photos.

There is a link to her Southern Presidential Trip. http://mitoc.mit.edu/gallery/album103

I've been chatting with her for a little while -- apparently she's going to Elbrus soon. She seems interested in going to NW Hancock with the crew (Dalraida, Barbarossa, MEB & The Author) this spring. Great!

But hey, wait a minute -- where was my Puff Piece when I started hiking?? :confused: Any takers? I can provide a brief biographical sketch! I'll start you off: "He's more machine now than man; twisted and evil..."

:p

Welcome Mountaingirl -- hope you post more often!

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
Fan Club Comments

Welcome mountaingirl...it seems like you are really getting into the Whites!

We haven't met but I really enjoy reading your stuff Dr Wu....
Particulalry the plans for your 20 + mile death march bushwacks!
It does appear that you are more machine...I get sore just reading the reports! :D

Last edited:
sapblatt said:
Welcome mountaingirl...it seems like you are really getting into the Whites!

We haven't met but I really enjoy reading your stuff Dr Wu....
Particulalry the plans for your 20 + mile death march bushwacks!
It does appear that you are more machine...I get sore just reading the reports! :D
Sometimes my mouth is actually more capable then my body. Look for trip reports where I actually did the 20 mile hikes before complimenting! :p Mountaingirl (Lei) already did a bunch.

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Sometimes my mouth is actually more capable then my body. Look for trip reports where I actually did the 20 mile hikes before complimenting! -Dr. Wu

Yeah...I noticed...I figured that you probably were not going to hit Olympic Mons! I figured when you told me about the Thoreau Falls idea you were trying to get me to be the guinea pig for some hike you wanted to see if it was doable! :D

Thank you, Spider, for the kind introduction, and for sharing the wonderful trip together!

Thank you, Dr Wu, for providing the link and many advice for my Southerns Presis trip, and thank you for inviting me on your future bushwack trips!

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! It's nice to join this big family here!

I look forward to more hikings with my dear friends! You are also welcome to join me in rock climbings -- that's what I do while not hiking. Nothing has ever given me so much excitement and happiness than my beloved mountains.

Having Hiked with Mountaingirl I can say she is in great shep. and willing ot ake on most any thong. I tried to get hercto slow down so I could catch my breath Ok I was breaking trail on snowshoes . But she isvey knowledgeable and enthusisatic . I think she hould do a hike with Stinkyfeet AKA Sue . My guess is they would pish each oter to even better shape .
BTW Mounatin griul feel free to psot the photos of the Williey range .on this iste. it was a long but good day.
Not sure what i am off to nedx I want to do the Ammo and down the Jewel at a Comfortable pace with Photo stops
then ther is the Bonds a over night is always worth it the Sunset from any of the Bondw is nearly over Garflield at this time of year great P phot opos. Hint looking for some one to head out ot the Bonds for a over night and relaxing pace . Ok I get disracted by things I se on the trail ani,al tracks wildlife, brids, views and more .