Mt Lion in Jersey

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great link!

This is priceless! No, I'm not making this up, it's a direct quote from the article
"He also said that police have ruled out the possibility the cat got loose from any package shipped through the Federal Express office."

Now I don't know about you but I'm relieved. I've heard those Fedex cats are the worst! Chasing geese in Mahwah, was it? Next time NJ gets a cougar we ought to make sure it's shipped UPS! Hey, did you ever hear the one about a mountain lion going postal?

Last edited:
I don't think FedEx or UPS ships "livestock"... I know when I got my tarantulas, I got them from Airborne Express.... Most shipping companies tend to frown upon what they classify as dangerous animals though the air.

FYI, I got my Tarantulas from a place out west shipped to me overnight when the temps were OK. It came in a box that said "livestock" and had pencil holes in it... The delivery man asked me what it was and I told him the truth... You should of seen his face!!! Priceless... It's like he saw a ghost!

P.S. I used to work by the FedEx place up on Rt 17..

What's next, Bison in Morristown? :)

Jay

That cougar could have been released, escaped from his owner, or just came in from somewhere else. Well since many of the farms in the northeast are growing back into woods things such as wolves, moose, and cougars are working their way into northern New England, and the ADK's and Catskills. I dont exactly think New Jersey is cougar territory, but there are bear problems so anything is possible, maybe it came in from the Catskills or Poconos. Who know's what is out there? Just keep your eyes open.

Mink, you might be right about the cat coming in from the Poconos or Catskills. I specifically remember several reports of hunters in the Poconos seeing very large cats and/or tracks and they swore it was not Bobcat. I always figure that anything is possible in nature, but also thought maybe they were just a bunch of drunk hillbillies. Still, keeping an open mind, I thought that it wouldn't be impossible for moutain lions or wolves to return to these areas. As Snowshoe said, there was a moose a while back in the Kittatinnys (Culver Lake area, if I recall correctly). So, maybe after years of slowly creeping back to the Catskills and Poconos, these elusive creatures are finally being seen in and around northern NJ. This is great news, and I will keep my camera ready, hiking or not. Hopefully, one of us will get some good shots.

It was a big, fluffy, furry tabby. Someone's housepet -- got out and lives in and around the Society Hill condo's.

Moose

Latest posts