Mt. Monadnock on 10/7 or 10/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peak Seeker

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm essentially looking for hiking partners to eventually commute with and hike with in the White Mountains.
Thinking we can test compatabilty locally without investing in too much drive time and hit Monadnock this or some other weekend day.
Some basic details:
I live outside of Keene, NH. I'm a 45 year old male and a moderate hiker (usually a little better than "book time") who turns around when the weather is bad. I like early starts. My physical condition right now keeps me around the 10 mile or less RT with about 3K of vert gain. Looking to improve that however...
Feel free to PM me for more details and we can see how our hiking styles match!

Last edited:
Whatever day you gothis weekend,go early-really early! Last weekend we decided to go to Monadnock Sat afternoon to visit Andrew,and do some trails,then camp. We had 10 cars in front of us at the gate-at 2PM! Parking lots and all campsites were full. We ended up at Greenfield.
Also,if you don't go early you will end up in the Monadnock conga line to the summit. This will be a huge weekend for the leaf peepers.
Might want to consider Pumpelly or one of the trails on the other side from the park.

Thanks for the reminder, I here ya on that one!
Columbus Day always holds the record for busiest weekend for that hill and to be honest I forgot that was this weekend!!
I don't tend to start much later than 8:30 am though...

Hi Peak Seeker, Always looking for reliable hiking partners. I go north almost weekly (spring - fall) and do some winter day hiking. I do Monadnock just about every week. Heading north friday and probably sunday but would be available for Monadnock Sat or Mon. Drop me a PM. I live about 1/2 south of you and travel 202 to 93. My pace varies depending on how many interesting things I encounter, but book or faster is fine with me.