My Dog's Better'n Your Dog, My dog's Better'n Yours...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here he is!!!:eek:

After a long day on Mt. Washington? :confused:

No, it's after a long night at Bearly Live. ;)

DOGPEACE.jpg

I completely forgot when this thread got started that Lauky's picture is posted on the website of a local Vetenarian Hospital where he is entered in a photo contest. It can be found at http://www.bridgtonvets.com/albumImageView/view/149278_PhotoContest.pml?photoId=63099

Good luck, Lauky.

(I just checked out the competition, Ed. Looks like Zoey is Lauky's biggest threat. How about if he challenged her to a race up a mountain?)

Tom,from what I've heard, it looks like Zoey is not going to win. I was at the vet the other day and they told me the Jack Russell family has done a pretty good job of getting in the votes so far. You've got to admit that he's really cute too. Lauky is clamoring for the right to get to play for at least an hour with the winning dog.

Here's our Maxx the Wonder Mutt Avec Summer Cut a few years ago chillin' out at 10 Mile River here on the AT;

P1010055.JPG

and here crashed out some other time in front of the SD and BA;

P1010087.JPG

Maxx is now 16 1/2 and borrowing each day, but still has a great puppy attitude and love of his "pack". He has never bagged a high-peak but has treed more than his share of possum and racoon in his day. It's all he can do now to move the deer out of the yard and prevent the geese from landing.

Maxx has passed. We picked him out from the local pound 16 1/2 years ago soon after getting married, buying our first house and fencing in the yard. Great dog, companion and "older brother" to my 2 sons. He had a great life. He'll be missed.

Sorry for the loss...

I'm guessing lots of love and lots of hiking kept him going so long. 16 1/2 is a good, long run for any dog. It sucks we only get to have them for such a short time in our lives, but we get to love them forever. Condolences.

KDT

Not my dog - he belongs to the wife and kids

Hunter

I'm new here, but this is my sometimes hiking companion (on Blueberry Ledge - Whiteface).

I've been reluctant to take him on overnights...he's always in the water, no matter how little or muddy and I'm not sure how he'll do with Bears and Moose.

If you've been soaked by him a) sorry and b) It means he likes you

Last edited:
Tuckerman last Sunday, 7/19/09, with Big Boss Man (aka The Feathered Hat) on the summit of Tecumseh:
3738964588_2510ec69d4.jpg

And cooling off in East Pond after the climb:
3738958482_b86e3ddf41_b.jpg

Introducing Barnie

He's a 3 year old rescued Chocolate Lab with a huge dose of Dippizzan*.

I've been hiking locally but last weekend took the boy on his first climb, Franconia Ridge.

He did very well, took the Dip out of him on the Falling Waters trail, and by the time we made the FRt he turned into a great hiker.

He meet a Jack Russell Terrier, more like a JR Terror to him. The Terrier barely noticed him, he on the other hand retreated to me at each encounter until formal introductions were arranged, the terrier still had no interest in him.

Barnie did very well off leach even with the crowds coming up tOBP, there was one Shepherd X that failed to see the humor in him but as soon as I saw the shepherd Barnie was on leash.

It was a great hike Barnie fared far better then I did the next day.

Good reason to do the 4k'rs over.

P8020029.jpg

* for those of you who haven't caught on to what a Dippizzan is. You've heard of the Lippizzan Stallions. Well Barnie is a Dippy Lippiazzan, he loves to run and jump and looks great doing it.

Last edited:
Awesome thread. I don't have a dog, but I love this pic. It's me, my friend (an AT thru-hiker) and Katy, a dog belonging to a section hiker. We all had just finished Goose Eye, Mahoosuc Notch/Arm, Old Speck, etc. Hence, we were all pretty fried, and just laying around waiting for a shuttle. Great times....

dark%2Bpork%2Band%2Blifesaver%2Band%2Bkatie%2Bthe%2Bdog%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bend%2Bof%2Ba%2Blong%2Bwalk.jpg

Also, the previous night had been really cold. Katy the dog had come up to me and let me snuggle with her and steal her lovely doggy warmth.
Yep, dogs rock.