Nalgene question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
I was wondering if I can put a Nalgene thru the dishwasher, I have heard mixed results. Thanks for the assistence.

I always did when I had a dishwasher. Only the hard bottles though, I never owned the soft kind. The only thing I was careful of was to make sure that the attached cap could not hang down through the bottom rack where it might get caught by the rotating arm. Top rack it if it will fit.
-veg

vegematic said:
I always did when I had a dishwasher. Only the hard bottles though, I never owned the soft kind. The only thing I was careful of was to make sure that the attached cap could not hang down through the bottom rack where it might get caught by the rotating arm. Top rack it if it will fit.
-veg

Yup! I melted a lid in the dishwasher once! :eek:

The soft ones are not good for boiling water or freezing water for that matter either. I froze one in the summer once, and it bowed out on the bottom. Now it won't sit flat! Doh!

Pouring boiling water into the soft ones makes them *REALLY* soft. And it didn't fix the bowed out bottom either! Dang!

Count me in as one who religiously uses the dishwasher for my lexans, whuile I have always wondered if the high heat damages the bottles, I replaced all my HDPE's with Lexan maybe 8-10 years ago and have had only one break in all that time. I always washed my HDPE's by hand.

Tom, FWIW, you can buy just the nalgene lids at REI (I melted 2 of them over the years) :D :D

You guy's wash your Nalgene's???????????/ :D

I always treated them like I treat my crampons or ski edges when they get rusty.

I JUST USE THEM and hope for the best! :p

Last edited: