Nashua, NH ICE CREAM night... May 4th - 8th..

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haywoods on Wednesday at 7pm though I can do dinner there too if they serve regular food, doesn't appear that where I am working is far from Haywoods...

Jay

Typing this from the Courtyard by Marriot in Nashua...

It is Hayward's Ice Cream Stand, 7 Daniel Webster Hwy. Location is given here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...462138&spn=0.012892,0.018604&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

It is across the street from Rivier College if you're lost and need directions.

The plan is to meet there Wednesday at 5:45 for a bike ride, returning by 7pm for ice cream. The bike ride will be in the neighborhood of 1 hour, and 15-18 miles. Nobody gets dropped. Absent any other route suggestions, I would head back past the FAA center, up Conant Road, out to Gilson to Hollis, form a lollipop and return (111a/111/Depot Road, etc.) I will be there ready to ride at 5:45... For now, I would expect Jay, myself, and DaveSunRa. If you want to join, please reply here or PM me.

Here is a suggested loop: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/nh/nashua/106124154503910808, 17 miles, mostly flat.

Tim

Last edited:
Have fun on your ride and ice cream trip!

My kid has a game tonight, so I can't make it. It's raining here now, though.

Well, we had four for the ride - me, DaveSunRa, Darl58, and Jay H - which started out casual and finished with a bit more speed. For ice cream, Marc Howes and Dave Bear showed up, followed by Stev-O. Popular ice cream flavors at Hayward's included Appalachian Trail and White Mountain Chip. I left to ride home before dark so I'm not sure what happened after that ;)

I can see repeating this in Westford / Groton and landing at Kimball's before summer is over...

Tim

can see repeating this in Westford / Groton and landing at Kimball's before summer is over...

The funny thing is that I was going to say "Do it, that's close enough for us to attend" when I realized that since that's a back-roads drive, it's probably longer in time than to Nashua. Alas, what I mean to say is that I need to get the bike rack back up on the car and make it out to stuff like this next time. :)

Thanks Tim for a setting up a fun gentle ride, I'm definitly up for hosting a ride around Westford/Groton with a layover at Kimbell's..yumm

Was a fun small group of bikers and the smells of the lilacs & flowers along the route was nice. Also had a red tail hawk fly over Davesunra's head.......:p

Ice cream was yumm and of course Davebear showed up, perfect timing! Marc Howes, Stevo, Davebear and I continued on to Martha's for a wet beverage and some food after dessert! ;) White Mountain Chip ice cream!!!!:D

Looking forward to meeting again for another ice cream social! :D