National Georgraphic Photo Contest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dream of mine to win that contest...and seeing those pics...I'm not there yet! But it's important to dream....

I'm not sure which makes me more jealous: the fact that these folks are skilled enough to take photos I can only dream of taking, or that they've been to places I can only dream of going to.

Brian

I love the whole Big Picture section on the Globe's site...the most recent posting was 25 images from Glacier National Park that were stunning.

Thanks for posting that link! Great stuff. My personal favorite might be #3, of the Indonesian volcano trek at sunrise. But there are so many to choose from I well might have a different favorite later today ...

Photo #8 of Igazu Falls well illustrates that "scenic" photos often can be well (best?) done with longer focal length lenses. The cluster of people illustrates very well the size and scale of the scene.

All photos benefit from caption material telling the what, who, where, when and how (and maybe why) of the story -- stuff that is not inherently in the picture. I also particularly like the human element in many of these shots -- it almost invariably adds interest, scale and context.

Enjoy!

G.

Latest posts