no aircraft?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I was walking on trail to Puffer Pond near Indian Lake and saw a strange sign.
About 10 minutes into the hike I came opon a sign that said "no motrized vehicles, no snowmobiles and NO AIRCRAFT? Is this a problem? are peple carrying their light weight planes into Puffer Pond to fly around the Pond? :D

Adk_dib said:
I was walking on trail to Puffer Pond near Indian Lake and saw a strange sign.
About 10 minutes into the hike I came opon a sign that said "no motrized vehicles, no snowmobiles and NO AIRCRAFT? Is this a problem? are peple carrying their light weight planes into Puffer Pond to fly around the Pond? :D
Maybe those planes with the floats that can land in the water?

Would hang gliders or para sails be considered aircraft? Maybe someone thought it would be a good idea to set sail from some of the cliffs in the area? Chimney Mt and Bullhead both have open rocks. The cliffs on Puffer would be too hard to get to. I don't know just guessing. Seems a strange sign on a hiking trail.

In the old days (to about 1980) sportsmen would land planes on any lake or pond they wished. It was a habit that has been phased out by APA, Unit Management Plans and postings similar to what you saw.

The problem with these landings are that the sportsmen often brought tons of food with them. Often they left a pile of used cans, beer cans, aluminum foil, clothing and other gear in piles by the lake. At some lakes, one can still se remnants of this ancient practice.

Moose