Off-season workouts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby,

You have the right idea about gathering stuff over time. When I first got into the winter scene, it seems every present coming my way over the course of a couple of years was winter gear. I got snowshoes in the spring on sale, and that was enough coupled with regular raingear to get out in the woods and some lower stuff. Eventually, a sleeping bag, winter coat, tent, etc. followed.

You'd be suprised what kind of a workout you can get just with a walk in the woods, which is were having the snowshoes will come in handy.

I'm lucky that we have such great cross-country skiing trails up here in Quebec. I ski a nice 12 mile loop only a 15 minute drive from home. Also the snow conditions are generally pretty good. The Laurentians are also a much closer drive than the Daks.....although I would like to get a few peaks in this coming winter. I can't stand gyms!... too pricey and stuck inside. Not for me!