Pedxing's thank you party

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedxing

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
OK this is an odd way to make an invitation and I apologize for the awkwardness. I trust it will be deleted if inappropriate - or maybe in a month when it is obsolete.

I’ve wanted a better way to thank people for their support during difficult times. Exactly a year ago, I was emerging from a coma. As my mind began to clear I was in a very vulnerable state. Due to drugs and injury, I was distinctly off balance and coming to terms with a very different world and uncertain outlook. The cards I got, the posts I read here and elsewhere made a huge difference – they infused my world with a sense of connection, support and solidarity that kept my spirits high. When I was at my worst, I found strength and cheer in your words on line and in cards and letters. Some people even sent money, which was humbling – but was very helpful at a time when I had no income and uncertain prospects for returning to work.
It’s for this reason that I want to invite all those who reached out to me, whether through posts, cards, gifts, prayers, phone calls or thoughts…. to a party to thank you. My wife and I are holding the party as thanks and as a celebration. May will mark the restoration of the house, the restoration of my health (one year since discharge from rehab), my marriage to Ellen (we married May 1, 2004), and for me (Gods and Goddesses willing) four years of being cancer free. Last year, when we married – I was unable to cope with any real celebration and we agreed to postpone any major celebration for a year. I feel truly fortunate to be able to work and play, to hike and backpack again.

I am also amazed by my restored home. Thanks to family, friends, a great contractor, borrowed money, lots of sweat equity (how great it feels to be able to work this hard!), and gifts of work and expertise from others we were able to use the opportunity created by the construction and the insurance money and create a home far nicer than any I expected to live in, let alone own. I’ve still got some work to do on the house, but I’d love for you to see it. Please, don't bring gifts. Your presence is gift enough, and I am already in your debt.

For more details, please email me @aol.com. Please put pedxingAT before the @ (sorry to be backwards, but I’ve heard ugly tales of email address gleaning programs scooping up stray email addresses on the web).
Edit: Just to be clear, the address is "PedxingAT" - "pedxing" was already taken.

Last edited:
It great to hear you've pulled through so well and have things to celebrate!!

What a great event to be part of. Enjoy it all! If I was closer I'd love to be there.
-bubba

I've sent out a bunch of emails to people who I wanted to be sure to notify, but apparently I have run into some major spam filters. So please, if you haven't heard from me - please send me a note if interested.

Well It is great to hear that your recovery is going so well. I have never met you but can tell by the welcoming you have you must be a great person. Good luck with the rest of your life and recovery and if your ever in the Adirondacks let me know. I would be honored to have you hike with me :)

Adam