Peggy O'Brien (JBL) Trip 3/10-13/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMax said:
Will you marry me pretty Peggy-O,
If you marry me, I'll set your cities free
And free all the ladies in the are-o.

I would marry you sweet William-O
I would marry you but your guineas are too few
And I fear my mama would be angry-O. :D :D :D

Whoa, you have to admit that is a bit loose with the poetic license there-o? :p

Jay-o

I just paid the ADK today for the final installment for this trip. It turns out I have about $47 left over. It seems silly to mail everyone a check for less than $4.00, so here are some options:

Tom keeps all the money as a reward for being such a nice guy! :eek: (Just kidding!)

Tom buys $47.00 worth of beer/wine/munchies/etc. and hauls it to the camp, or better yet, arranges for a few people to help him do this.

Tom gives a $47.00 EMS gift card to one lucky winner, or maybe splits it 2 or 3 ways (we did this last year - it's a lot lighter than the beer!).

Other suggestions ... ?

Tom keeps all the money as a reward for being such a nice guy!

Please put me on the waiting list now.. ;) ;) ;)

If I get in I'll pull the sled with the booze and munchies that you buy with the extra cash. :D

Last edited:
prino said:
Tom keeps all the money as a reward for being such a nice guy!

Please put me on the waiting list now.. ;) ;) ;)

If I get in I'll pull the sled with the booze and munchies that you buy with the extra cash. :D
Hmmm! :D

Now, who do I tell that there was a mix up and Phil is going in their place!
:eek: :rolleyes:

Sorry Phil, for now, you are stuck on the waiting list, but nice try! :D

I'm ahead of you !!!

prino said:
Hi Tom,

Could you put me on the waiting list? Also could you reconfirm the dates?
3/10-13/8 doesn't make much sense to me!

Phil,

I think i'm ahead of you on the waiting list. Read on the other forum...

daxs said:
Munchies are fine. Do you really want to haul beer?
Everyone will get their say. If you or anyone else does not like beer, we can accommodate your preferences. If you are not aware, Pamola is a home brewer who made a special batch for our wedding.

Pamola, you know where I fall on this one! Exactly how much beer can you brew for ~$45.00? Pints? Liters? Gallons?

Tom Rankin said:
Everyone will get their say. If you or anyone else does not like beer, we can accommodate your preferences. If you are not aware, Pamola is a home brewer who made a special batch for our wedding.

Pamola, you know where I fall on this one! Exactly how much beer can you brew for ~$45.00? Pints? Liters? Gallons?

Gallons and gallons...mmmmmmmm

OK, I also admit I am really not a beer drinker. I will have an occasional beer but not my first choice. I usually drink bourbon or scotch.

Update!

The crew has been changing, and we are getting close to the date.

I'm going to start a new thread on ADKHPs to discuss this trip. What to hike, what to bring, car pooling, etc.

Please adjourn over to here so we have just 1 thread.