People freak out here when it starts to snow.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Especially on a holiday. All sensible driving rules and practices immediately cease. People hit the stores like it's the end of the world. They run red lights and stop signs. They leave work early and create the traffic they're hoping to avoid. I was listening to NY news radio on the way in – it’s a light traffic day everywhere. The traffic guy said everything was clear sailing – no problems. Next report – several snowflakes and immediately several accidents. I just heard that a truck is jack-knifed on i95 and heard an emergency siren here in Woodbury about 5 minutes after the snow started... unbelievable.

Have a safe and happy New Years. Hopefully you're safely tucked into the mountains already.

You think they drive crazy in New England. You should see how it is in Georgia. just the thought of snowflakes have people running home.

People freak out here when it starts to snow.

They just don't know a good thing when they see one.

A good snow storm means slow down and have some fun. Don't worry about missing the grind, snuggle up, hang out eat, drink, go outside and feel exhilarated!

It turns out my dog loves fresh snow and gets crazy in it.

I was in NC, Raliegh, for a Brown-UNC gymnastics meet once when it snowed 3 inched. Shut the whole city down. We went to the Museum of Natural History ( great take) and there were only 3 employees there. I looked at them and asked them if they were for NC. Answer was.... NO! They were fron Boston, and Chicago!!! I figured they were for snow country because they went to work in the sonw and knew how to drive in it!!!

My wife and I are headed to Lake Placid in the morning. Hopefully for 54 days of hiking in the snow. Maybe even watch some of the jr olympic ski jumping trials on Monday.

Happy New Year:p
Billy V

Ski Jump Correction

Maybe even watch some of the jr olympic ski jumping trials on Monday.

OK I was wrong about the Ski jumping It is :)SUNDAY:) at the Olympic Jump Complex in Lake Placid . It is the 90k jump.

Sorry for the error on the day. My wife caught the error of my ways after I had posted the message. :eek:

Billy V