Photo Sharing Sites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always liked Flickr, too, even though I did cancel my account a while ago since I can just use Facebook or post photos on my own web server (and as David said, setting them to "Public" allows anyone to view them).

A small project I’ve been working on for the past few days is done.

A while back, when Webshots announced they were shutting down, I stopped posting additional pictures there and started looking for a replacement. I made a decision and have finished the migration. Everything that was posted on the previous site has been posted on SmugMug; 206 Galleries (albums), including a total of 8151 pictures. SmugMug calls them Galleries – other sites call them albums. Each gallery has the same name as the hike report to which it is associated and each is posted chronologically, which should make finding one very easy. Future reports will have links directly to the gallery and slideshow. If time allows, I’ll update the links in the existing reports.

The pictures do not yet include captions but I hope to add them over time. I expect that will be a big job. I’ll start with the most recent and work back from there.

If you’re interested, my hiking albums are located here:

http://bigearlshots.smugmug.com/Hiking

I like Photobucket. It's great if I want to post on VFTT. Super simple to upload, cut/paste.
I do keep all my pics on IPHOTO and only share a few on Facebook which only friends can access. I honestly see no point to having my pics available to the masses.