Precip Pants

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMartman

Reaction score
I know a lot of you use these pants on this board so I figured id put this up

Steep and cheap (www.steepandcheap.com) has the precip pant on sale now for $31.41...this is a STEAL..but must act FAST as once they are gone they are gone..

Sorry if this shouldnt be posted here.

M

The Precip line is aging, if not done, and a lot of vendors are remaindering what they've got out of their stores. I finally got my jacket for about $60 recently, and got the pants last winter for near the same.

LOVE 'EM!

What is taking their place?

Note the restricted sizes on this sale, however.

Try eBay, REI (and their Outlet), and the web in general.

--M.

--M. said:
The Precip line is aging, if not done, and a lot of vendors are remaindering what they've got out of their stores. I finally got my jacket for about $60 recently, and got the pants last winter for near the same.

LOVE 'EM!

What is taking their place?

Note the restricted sizes on this sale, however.

Try eBay, REI (and their Outlet), and the web in general.

--M.

They ran the full zips last week for $18.75...lasted about 5 minutes...I picked up a pair.....I couldnt beat under $20 for full zip precip pants...I dont think Ebay can TOUCH that...jacket I got for under $60..at campmor I think.

I just figured everyone here basically raves about this raingear...so i'd post it...its gone now....told you you had to act FAST ;-)

Great deals on that site, but you have to watch all day and keep refreshing..I got a shovel probe combo for backcourntry skiing.....under $20 as well...BCA..so..

M

They basically develop a "new and improved" line every 12-18 months and the retailers dump the old stock...I was able to get a jacket last year at Mountain Gear for $59...it works just as well as the "new and improved" version!

They just switched to a butane canister-mounted lantern made by Northern Lights. 15 bucks. I don't know how reliable these are compared to normal lanterns or the Brunton Lucy, the other small canister lantern I know of on the market, but I bought one anyway.

What a great site though! Thanks for bringing it to this newbie's attention!

Pamola said:
They just switched to a butane canister-mounted lantern made by Northern Lights. 15 bucks. I don't know how reliable these are compared to normal lanterns or the Brunton Lucy, the other small canister lantern I know of on the market, but I bought one anyway.

What a great site though! Thanks for bringing it to this newbie's attention!

Oh sorry I just assumed everyone here knew about it....they will change the item once they have sold out of what up....mostly outdoor gear...i've bought a few items very recently from that site...all told..it is really backcountry.com just using a different name to get rid of overstock items i'd suppose..either way...TERRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE and greeat prices.

Enjoy

M

sapblatt said:
Low zip ones are $70
Full sip are $90

Pretty sure those are the regular prices

Hmmm then I got a REALLY REALLY good deal...like I said..I got the FULL ZIPS...for $18.75 plus lke $6.50 shipping....I feel like I stole then now..

Thanks for making me feel good.. :D

M

Re: Precip pants

sapblatt said:
Low zip ones are $70
Full sip are $90

Pretty sure those are the regular prices
OK. Might have been an in-store only or Labor Day weekend sale. (I visited the store last Thurs.) Or maybe just an aging memory. I know full zips were on sale a month or so ago, but that won't help the OP...

The "special purchase" jacket is currently listed on the web site.

Doug